Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • LBS has at least 11 E Mountain bikes In
  • Houns

Popped in to an LBS that I rarely go in yesterday. I was stunned to see at least* 11 E Mountain bikes from Ghost and Haibike on the shop floor

I’ve seen one or two around on the trails streets, but they can’t be expecting to be that much call for them?!

11!!!!! 😯

*there may have been more upstairs but I couldn’t get up there due to a couple of bike boxes blocking the stairs.

cynic-al
    Free Member

They were on the frikkin One Show last night.

Houns

The ones I looked at were all over £3k. So let’s give a conservative estimate of say £26k of E bikes sat in stock!

tomhoward

There’s a shop in Harrogate that only sells e bikes. Not been in yet though.

rondo101
    Free Member

There are 5 of them parked in our bike room at work, out of around 50 bikes.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Been 6 years since i worked in bike trade.

We did a roaringtrade in e bikes- powabykes – which by todays standards are shit but they were flying out the door.

6-1600 depending in battery and base bike spec,

It was always going to get bigger. Our main market was 60-70 year olds who were no longer to ride as far as they wAnted for medical or fitness reasons but it got them out and exercising.

Houns

Al I may see if I can borrow one for GT in July 😳

convert

My father had an ebike which was amazing – got him able to ride and accompany my mum again. Health issues meant he was unable to walk especially far but the ebike broadened his horizons. After he died I rebuilt it onto a lady’s frame for my wife who also has hip/back problems. She is now able to ride into town and back via the steep hill without hurting herself.

As far back as 2009 I went into a dutch bike shop and the guy there said he was selling more electric bikes than anything and the dutch know a thing or two about ordinary folk in ordinary clothes getting about day to day on 2 wheels.

Not sure I’m quite to enthralled by electric off road bikes, though I guess you might have to try one to appreciate it. There was a demo one at the QECP demo weekend that was getting a lot of attention.

scotroutes

Hmmm – I actually could…..

joolsburger
    Free Member

Get this and no one will be any the wiser

http://www.vivax-assist.com/en/produkte/vivax-assist.html

toby1

I got asked at a bike show recently if I was interested in one, but I pointed out that I’d overtaken a fair few. I mean I know I’m not a slender racing snake, but the cheek of it!

I guess they could save you a fortune in uplift fees?

Houns

That the one pro roadies use jools?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘LBS has at least 11 E Mountain bikes In’ is closed to new replies.