• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Bat1.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lazy Britain
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Just done an hour at the Gym in a small Oxfordshire market town. I was the only one in the place, it was like a morgue. Sports hall empty one squash court being used and two people in the pool.

Ironicaly in the car park were a pair of Saxos and an old Nova all the occupants scoffing MaccyD's. Nearest one is 8 miles away.

Just seems a bit sad really, or am I being smug? 😉

crikey
    Free Member

So…..

You were the only person silly enough to pay to exercise indoors?

The outdoors, it's free….

jam-bo

i was out in the woods riding, there were loads there….

Pigface
    Free Member

Good point but I was riding yesterday.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, loads out riding, walking today.

uplink
    Free Member

Just seems a bit sad really, or am I being a mug?

fixed it for you

nickc

Running Thursday Cwmcarn yesterday, road ride today. don't do gyms, they're full of smug people… 😉

crikey
    Free Member

Just seems a bit sad really

Yes, it sounds that way. Maybe you could try to make some friends, then you don't have to spend Sundays alone?

stumpyjon

30 of us out today, worse than the red sock brigade 😯

But I do know what you mean although it makes me feel good knowing that I've managed to do something today 60% (at least) of the population can't or won't do.

iDave
    Free Member

i see loads of people running, cycling etc, but then i don't go to gyms. where my experience has been that I see loads of people standing chatting. I've really noticed more people being active outdoors in the last few years.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Went a ride from Stafford to Gnosall this morning along an old rail track that has been resurfaced for pleasure cycling, trekking & and walking etc.. thought it would be kinda quiete, how wrong I was.. lots of people out excercising.. taking the air etc..

alwyn
    Free Member

I've just run at 10km in sub 40 minutes 🙂 there weren't many people out in Glasgow green. Maybe because they had the Glasgow run this morning and they are all still tired.

ski
    Free Member

I love cycling past my local gym and looking at them all on their cycle/running machines looking like zombies!

Brain dead the lot of them!

😉

chvck
    Free Member

I hate riding on the road and don't always have time to get myself to trails so go to the gym sometimes, it's just easier!

Bat1
    Free Member

Ridin's free….
    Just costs a fortune to keep the bike's running!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lazy Britain’ is closed to new replies.