Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • layback setback seatpost question
  • banjax34
    Free Member

thinking of trying one but is there any cheap and cheerful ones i can try before spending on a decent one ? are they any good ? got a large frame but feel a bit over the bars at times……

waveydave
    Free Member

Be careful, i think you should only get a layback if its the last resort. knee position over the pedal is important. I had a layback saddle on one of my frames because the frame was on the small side, mine worked for me. Have you thought about extending the stem?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

highly recommend this

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/truvativ-stylo-t40-seatpost-2012/rp-prod71779

bargain at £40, sorted my knee pain out a treat as gave me more space on current short top tubed Heckler.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Alot of bikes an. Frames were necerdesigned to have an inline post anyway.

They dint need to be bent like thomsons but can look like post above !

clubber
    Free Member

They’re not good or bad, they’re just different. Many frames are designed with a layback post in mind so those will be better for most with that rather than an inline one.

It’s a bit like asking what size frame is fundamentally best.

nuke

FSA do some good layback posts at reasonable prices. Use layback posts on all my bikes…would rather use a layback seat post than mess with the handling for the downward bits on a ride by changing the stem length.

banjax34
    Free Member

thanks for advice guys , cheers

Macavity
    Free Member
    cruzcampo
    Free Member

@banjax34 I liked the truvativ as it gave a full 25mm/1 inch of setback, I was tempted by the thomson but only 16mm, as were many others.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘layback setback seatpost question’ is closed to new replies.