Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Lawrence Verdict In
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Guilty of the murder of Stephen Lawrence – both of them.

Pleased.

theflatboy
    Free Member

media coverage i saw suggested the jury wouldn’t have enough reliable evidence to convict. surprising. hopefully that’s justice done after all this time.

wwaswas

Glad to see justice has been done at last but can’t help but think that there’ll be years of appeals to go through too…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

whoops

and about **** time

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Saw on twitter this morning that the jury had requested to see the “violent racist” video evidence on Friday afternoon.

Sentencing tomorrow. (just heard on 5Live)

theflatboy
    Free Member

on another note, they’re not going to find life inside much fun judging by the details of the case.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

YEEESSSS!

Justice at last!

Well pleased. ****ing brilliant. Finally those scum will be removed from decent society.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As led down Gary Dobson said: you have condemned an innocent man here today. Doreen #lawrence wept. Pauline Dobson (mother) also crying.

From the Beeb’s Matt Prodger on twitter.

captaincarbon
    Free Member

Good

Karinofnine

At last. He’s still dead but I hope his family feel a bit better now. I remember those men leaving court years ago when they got not guilty. Terrible behaviour.

soobalias
    Free Member

well thats two of them

taken far too long.

binners

Brilliant! Two less nasty racist scumbags on the street. They were clearly guilty from the off. They were literally bragging about it. They should have been down for a long time already!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

About bloody time!

Merak

They must have thought they’d got away with it after all these years, especially after the outcome of the original case.

Thanks to DNA it means justice is seen to be done, shame the rest of the mob are still walking about free men though.

Still some peace of mind for the family, having lost a son at least some of those responsible are to be held to account.

hora
    Free Member

Almost two decades. Imagine the pain and suffering of the Lawrence family upto this point.

What about the other members of the gang?

cynic-al
    Free Member

How comes the others didn’t get prosecuted? No DNA?

hora
    Free Member

I imagine so. Couldn’t be tied to the scene. Either they disposed of their clothing effectively(?) or they weren’t within the knife/close enough to get the blood on them.

Could be one of the others got the knife in but another closer fella got the blood spatter?

(I’m wildly speculating here)

Klunk
    Free Member

As led down Gary Dobson said: you have condemned an innocent man here today.

you were obviously there pal, and now you’re doing a lot of time for one of your mates.

hora
    Free Member

True. If he felt that strongly throughout HIS trial he’d have said ‘look, it wasn’t me but it was x’..

yossarian
    Free Member

Finally some justice for the Lawrence family.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

True. If he felt that strongly throughout HIS trial he’d have said ‘look, it wasn’t me but it was x’..

+1, i’d have been happy (ish) if he’d done a deal to convict whoever was more directly involved.

On the other hand it does border on thought policing

Junkyard
    Free Member

how is ti thought policing seeing as they have been charged and convicted of murder …they were at the murder scene ..this is actions not thoughts

edlong
    Free Member

“Thought police” – how?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Woon’t matter at all. Under the Law of ‘Joint Enterprise’, all those involved in the attack are guilty of murder, so grassing up who actually did stab Stephen woon’t help him in any way. He’s still guilty of murder according to British Law.

This case has helped change the way the police work, and how Justice is served in this country, I believe for the better.

Now I think there should be a push to bring the rest to justice, to charge the parents of Gary Dobson for lying, and action against any police officers who failed in their duties, including senior officers.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

they were at the murder scene

So was (for arguments sake) the lampost and any witnesses?

Being a racist thug is one thing, being a murderer is another. Not every racist thug is a murderer. If there was only one knife in the group, and one of the defendants was holding it, would the murder have still taken place? Can you be 100% sure it wasn’t a group of racist thugs and one murderer?

edlong
    Free Member

You’re jointly responsible.

Or are you suggesting, for example, that getaway drivers shouldn’t get done for armed robbery, just speeding?

edlong
    Free Member

or, if one person holds someone down and their mate hits said person, only the hitter is guilty of assault?

binners

Being a racist thug is one thing, being a murderer is another.

How true. One will get sent down (eventually). The other gets made captain of the national team, paid sqillions of pounds and is feted in the media.

What they’re really guilty of is not being sufficiently hard-faced. And maybe lack of ambition?

edlong
    Free Member

in summary, doesn’t matter who owned, or wielded the knife, if you’re in a group of people that commits a crime, you’re all guilty of it, usually (unless, for example, you could prove you had tried to stop it or something like that)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The only way any member of that group could possibly have protected themselves form a murder charge, is if they’d handed themselves in straight away and gave evidence against the person who actually wielded the knife. The Joint Enterprise Law was brought in to prevent situations where someone has bin killed after being attacked by a group, yet no-one in a group ever stands trial for the actual murder, cos they’re all protecting each other. One guilty = all guilty unless you speak up and say who dunnit.

They’ve constantly lied under oath, and obstructed Justice. They don’t deserve any leniency. An 18 year old kid as brutally murdered. They were all party to his death. they all deserve to be locked up for their crime.

binners

They’ve constantly lied under oath, and obstructed Justice. They don’t deserve any leniency.

Its worse than that though Fred. They acted continuously like smug, arrogant ****s who knew they were going to get off. And not only did they show absolutely zero remorse! They looked very very pleased indeed with themselves for taking an innocent life, for absolutely no good reason.

I hope the police are very careful on which wing they put them? It’d be terrible if it was somewhere where the ‘whites were in a minority and they may have to experience racism themselves. After what they’ve done, that would be awful

tails
    Free Member

hey what’s changed a Indian chap got shot in the head and another guy walking down the Uk’s busiest street got murdered!

theflatboy
    Free Member

binners – Member
    I hope the police are very careful on which wing they put them? It’d be terrible if it was somewhere where the ‘whites were in a minority and they may have to experience racism themselves. After what they’ve done, that would be awful

I’d like to hope that the majority of “the whites” would be just as unimpressed with their prejudice.

edlong
    Free Member

from what I’ve read not sure the guy was just “walking down the .. street” (if you’re referring to the Oxford Street murder)

binners

He’s referring to the murder in Ordsall in Salford I think. The Police are saying its a hate crime. I’m not convinced that had anything to do with race at all. You’d have to be ****ing insane to be strolling through that neck of the woods, looking like a tourist, at that time in the morning! Whatever creed or colour you were.

For the very reason that what actually happened would be one of many possible outcomes. None of which are very appealing. The guy arrested refers to himself as “Psycho” and wished to be addressed as such in court 😯

MrWoppit
    Free Member

They not only robbed Stephen of his life and his parents of their son. He was training as an architect.

They also denied the world his potential and what would have been his achievements.

Would that the expiry exchange had been the other way round… 😐

edlong
    Free Member

then how is that “the Uk’s busiest street” binners? Most confused…

BermBandit
    Free Member

You’d have to be ****ing insane to be strolling through that neck of the woods, looking like a tourist, at that time in the morning! Whatever creed or colour you were.

Unfortunately as a visitor you’re not going to know that are you?

the content and tone of your post made me wonder, are you deploying the “The slut asked for it guv” defence on behalf of dear old Psycho ?

tails
    Free Member

I was referring to both cases the racist attack in Manchester and the Oxford Street murder.

binners

Certainly not Berm Bandit! I’m saying I lived very near there in Salford for 6 years. You’d be pushing your luck walking through the Ordsall estate at lunchtime on a weekday! Its lethal round there! And I’m talking proper criminals here! Not just random gobby scrotes! As has been proved. I wouldn’t go near that place in the early hours of the morning!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Lawrence Verdict In’ is closed to new replies.