Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Latest bodge – (CYNIC-AL CARBON-CATACLYSM CONTENT)
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Because it’s far mire satisfying making your own solution. Anyone remember those fancy anodised ringle bottle cages back in the 90s? Mate bought one and the made his own with sheet Ali using it as a template – did a half decent job too

kaesae
    Free Member

Yes it is fun and very satifying to tinker about with bikes and other bits.

I did it for years and would still be doing it now, if I didn’t have to work all the **** ing time, still I prefer to develop my skills and create bikes that work well.

If you like doing something and it helps you chill, it’s all good, good luck with the tinkering AL.

BODGE ON!!!! 😀

richmars

Go on Cynic-al, make a whole bike. You know you want to.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looking slick Al. I like.

molgrips
    Free Member

Much better solution. However I’d still have put a clamp on the chainstay infront of the end of the strut so it could butt against it. It could well be okay though like that though. Depends how tightly you managed to bind the CF string.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Thanks all

nonk – they look rank…and put all the tress on the seatstay (which my previous design was criticised for)

molgrips – you an expert in these things? Technology has moved on a Cynic-tech Industries, I use electrical tape now 😛

nonk
    Free Member

nonk – they look rank…

your one is hardly angelina though is it?

your right though bash on chap.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I can imagine the results being quite catastrophic if it fails. Hope it works OK though.

clubber
    Free Member

Top work Al. Will be interested to see how it holds up but in theory there’s no reason it can’t be robust. It’s all in the execution (so I’ll be expecting to read your obituary soon 😉 )

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s going on a 1000 mile tour in 2 weeks 😎

clubber
    Free Member

Brilliant 😀

ahwiles
    Free Member

Mugboo – Member

I met a chap up at Stainburn one day who was riding a home made, carbon fibre, full suss. It was hand painted in black & yellow and called the Wasp!

that chap is a friend of mine, he’s an actual genius.

molgrips
    Free Member

molgrips – you an expert in these things?

Not exactly, but I’m brilliant at figuring out how things work (or don’t). Like Psylar off Heroes 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

Wow, a real “armchair expert”?

*bows*

BigJohn

It’s going on a 1000 mile tour in 2 weeks

That’s over 70 miles a day.

TiRed

Much better design. The first was laughable, but you seem to have the direction of forces worked out better this time. The bracing strut looks a little low. Take a jubilee clip along just in case 😉 .

Wozza
    Free Member

It doesn’t look pretty but I’m impressed none the less. Did you have to flip the rotor? It looks the wrong way round.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yup rotor is flipped (and then spaced out 2mm) to get it to clear chainstay.

nonk
    Free Member

It’s going on a 1000 mile tour in 2 weeks

best take zip ties Al.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ll be taking a spare rim brake 😛

soobalias
    Free Member

do i keep missing the pics of death and disaster?

brassneck

Bit of gaffer would have fixed that .. held out Transit together for years.

If it works, chapeau, if it doesn’t chapeau anyway at least you had a crack at it.. I just bought a new frame despite lovin’ the old one that didn’t have a mount 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Latest bodge – (CYNIC-AL CARBON-CATACLYSM CONTENT)’ is closed to new replies.