Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Late night riding
  • CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Any others on here forced to ride later at night due to family commitments in order to ‘keep the peace’. Set out @ 9:45 last night for a spin round the local loop which only takes an hour or so.

Was thinking whilst I was out that surely I’m not the only one in this situation…

Yak

Me too. Unsurprisingly I’m usually out on my own. Quite like it though. Hardly anyone out, no dog-walkers. Can go cheeky without bother.

PiknMix
    Free Member

9:45 is an early one! I set off at 11:15 last night, usual riding time for me. I also love a 3-4am jaunt, no one about no traffic no plebs etc. I’m not forced to I do it out of choice.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I don’t go out late very often(once in a blue moon really), but there is something magical about trails after midnight imo.

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about setting up ‘Dad’s club’ for similarly challenged parents as it goes… (Mums would be welcome too, of course).

FWIW, at the moment I just go out early instead – up at 5, out of the door at 5:20, ride and back for 6:45 when the rest of the family wake up.

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

I thoroughly enjoyed the quiet trails last night. The only downside is coming back in and getting washed up whilst trying not to wake others up…

Yak

stw ‘dad’s club’. Good idea.

Early is good, but midweek I’d have to be back at 5:45 as missus is out at 6. I go out at 6am at the weekend though as its the only way to get a decent length ride in before w-e shenanigans start.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

The Boggarts come out around 21:30 this time of the year, Im normally safe in the beer garden by then.

squiff
    Free Member

my ride nights is wednesday or thursday 5.30pm or both after work and sunday 7/7.30am mornings or sunday evening about 6pm

wifes got her things on other nights

we are not into stopping each other doing things, give and take and all that.

we have an 8 year son so its not like it takes 2 of us all the time to sort him out.

flatpat
    Free Member

Dad’s club for me is a one evening a week ride. Same night every week so it doesn’t get booked for other events and the usual group of dads are free.

Have tried late rides before, but I have enough trouble sleeping after an evening ride.

Maybe I should try a morning ride – at least I’m meant to be wide awake at that time of day!

Harry_the_Spider

Welcome to my world.

Monday nights leaving the house at 7:30pm at the earliest.

Saturday morning road ride with the alarm set at 4:45am.

MoreCashThanDash

Mid week rides usually start at 7pm, at the pub by 9pm, usually home two pints later by 10. Fits in for me and a couple of mates, may change as new jobs may interfere soon for one of us.

Then I get 7 hours in bed before I get up and ride to work!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Saturday morning road ride with the alarm set at 4:45am.

Boggarts are still about then !

Harry_the_Spider

Ride done. Bacon sandwich and coffee done. Kids still asleep.

Result!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Me too. Just back and having breakfast outside listening to the sound of teenagers snoring.
    Reckon I have a good 3 hours more of P&Q.
    Evening rides around here are ace, on a W/E all the visitors are off the hills by 5pm.

freeagent
    Free Member

I normally get out around 7.30pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays for 1 1/2 – 2hrs, and a couple of hrs on a Sunday morning while the wife and kids are at Church/Sunday School.

It is difficult trying to balance home/kids/work/etc…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Definitely has its benefits. On a weekend like this the woods that run alongside a campsite are just a pootle as there’s just too many folk about, shame as its one of the fastest sections on the local loop. Also the canal finish is a nightmare!
    I’ve started riding Friday straight after work on the trails last night for 4.30pm and it always seems very quiet, didn’t see anyone till the canal.

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

I do an evening ride on Tuesdays and Thursdays – leave after putting the kids to bed, sometime after 8pm usually.

This time of year I see a fair number of other evening-riders looning around the woods.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Late night riding’ is closed to new replies.