Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Last years accident update
  • oldgit
    Free Member

After a year it’s come down to his word against mine.
    The guy was an agency driver and didn’t report it, so no records in the companies accident book. He didn’t seem to think it was worth reporting.
    He is saying I offered to help, so my fault for being there. Where as I was called to come out and help by the old lady that works next door (the 600kg pallet was for her)
    The driver was stuck in the back of the lorry blocked in by the pallet that had become stuck.
    He asked me to steady it, gave it a tug and the lot fell on me.

Just asked my solicitors to give the old lady a call as she witnessed the whole thing. I hope it’s not her fault legally?

My solicitors seem a bit feeble? It seems like nothing is ever done unless I call them. They are saying without the witness I dont have a leg to stand on.
    But I assume if the old lady does agree to give a statement, that and the GP reports and X-Rays showing the internal damage will turn it all around?

oldgit
    Free Member

This and the woman that drove into me and didn’t stop just shows that there really are some ****s out there.

thomthumb
    Free Member

I hope it’s not her fault legally?

I wouldn’t think so. driver should be responsible under H&S to be able to deliver safely.

go and have a chat with the lady – she will respect face to face- you can explain why you need the statement.

My solicitors seem a bit feeble? It seems like nothing is ever done unless I call them.

i’m starting to think that is standard practise.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Last years accident update’ is closed to new replies.