Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Last tuesdays KMB evening ride
  • muddy@rseguy

Here are a few pics of last weeks Keswick Mountain Bikes tuesday evening ride…bearing in mind that my usual stomping ground is the South Downs with occasional forrays into the North Downs and South Devon/Dartmoor its always a treat to ride in some proper mountains. After my trauma experience on one of their night rides last year I knew roughly what to expect: Big hills, great mountain trails, great company and some eye-popping descents.

So, for starters, a little bit of pushing:

A great view from the summit of Skiddaw as the gentle evening gale force wind breeze shotblasted the skin from my face ruffled our hair:

And a, quite frankly, mindbending sunset to take my mind off the fact that we still had to ride down a mountain:

Very big thanks to all from the KMB ride group, the only names I can remember are Clarey, Gav, Anne and Stoney, but you all made me feel very welcome, gave me shedloads of confidence to try and ride stuff that I normally wouldnt dare, you didnt laugh at my pathetic whimpering, and I hope you all noticed that this time I didnt need to ask for my mummy… 😀

Oh, and the pub was really good afterwards too.

Cheers.

clareymorris

Hey Guy what fabulous pics. It was great to see you again this year – and we still didn’t manage to break you…………christ what we going to do with you next year! :-O

By the way, you can’t tell from the lovely calm looking photo with the view of Bass Lake, we are actually holding onto our bikes so they didn’t blow away – it really was THAT windy!!!!!

rolymo
    Free Member

heres a couple of you, guy – either suffering jelly legs after the long push/ride onto skiddaw, or fighting the wind to stay on your feet.

it was a ferocious wind though…….jumpers for goal posts/bikes as kites.

if you look in the distance you can just about make out someone flying their bike!

muddy@rseguy

OMG 😯

thanks for taking that pic Rolymo, I really needed to be remided of that…I might have been imagining it but I think someone actually rode (albeit listing over rather badly) right up to the cairn.

Somehow the local trails on the South Downs now seem somewhat tame in comparison.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed yourself,muddy@rsedguy,Theres not much higher on a kmb ride,it was indeed windy and a very memorable route too.

Hopefully we will see you again next year.

gav 😉

stoney
    Free Member

I really like your thread M@G. made me laugh at your crossing out!. I remeber last year you recond we were f…… crackers!!!!! then to take you up 3000` and argubly the best decent we have.
    Twas nice to have you with us again though. Same time n place next year? Crackin pics BTW and you can hardly tell that it was a problem to stand up.
    We do try and make our visitors welcome and give them something to remember!!!

Take care…..

clareymorris

I’m cracking up at the pics of Guy…….you can SORT of tell how windy it was by his position and look of slight panic on his face!!!

What a stunningly clear evening it was though 🙂

stoney
    Free Member

That was one night i really wish i had taken my camera. At the top we were sheltered behind the cairn when big Dave landed and as he layed his Santa Cruze down, it flipped over cause of the wind. So then he had a go at body surfing, leaning into the wind @ aprrox 60deg ish and being held by the wind, which was clearly uncomfortable against his face……
    We were trying to think at which wind speed it is that you cant stand up. It was that bad that night and yet a perfect clear sky……….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Last tuesdays KMB evening ride’ is closed to new replies.