Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Last Ride Today :-(
  • alexpalacefan

For a few weeks at least. Going under the knife tomorrow, having my carpel tunnel done.

Anybody got…

experience on how it might go?

ideas on what to do while laid-up?

suggestions on how to speed recovery?

Cheers,

APF

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Hope all goes well, i’m still off from a shoulder op I had 10 weeks ago and got at least another 2 weeks off. I suggest getting/borrowing lots of DVD’s, box set are good so far i’ve got through the Sopranos, Out Numbered, Black Books and various films also read a few books and when I couldn’t drive I just got out and went for walks and wasted time on here.

coogan
    Free Member

Last ride for a few weeks? Jeez, man up and deal with it. Its only a few weeks.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Be different and read. Make up for all the lost time, you never know when the next opportunity will arise.

Krooges
    Free Member

I had my carpal tunnel done at the same time as a radial fixation (steel plate in broken wrist). You’ll be fine, it will take a while before you can take hit’s on your palm without the risk of the scar splitting open. I’d recommend massaging the scar and applying something like bio-oil to it while it’s healing to prevent keyloid (sp?) scarring.

pennine
    Free Member

Had mine done about 5 years ago. Seem to remember I was off the bike for 4 weeks until properly healed. Just went hiking without the bike.

JustGoRide
    Free Member

Hope it all goes well, don’t go rushing your recovery! See you out on the trails soon! 😉

hh45
    Free Member

I had 12 weeks off with shoulder in 2010 winter. hardly a need to sit around watching dvds! once you come out of the sling its pretty much usual life but no risk of injury. i did a bit of turbo work but generally tried to caych up with non cycling friends and do some cultural stuff.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Yep lots of turbo helps to keep fitness up

mamadirt
    Free Member

Only off the bike for a few days when I had mine done – no choice really as it’s my only mode of transport. Couldn’t grip the bars too hard for the first month or so as it felt like holding onto broken glass so not too much off-road but just take it easy. Had mine done about 6 years ago and no problems since so definitely worth it. All the best.

djglover
    Free Member

I gues ****ing is out of the question ?

alexpalacefan

Thanks Coogan.

Good advice from the rest of ya, reading sounds good, the library’s just round the corner. Also plan to spend a bit more time in the pub 🙂

Gave my turbo away about 6 weeks ago. D’Oh!

Off to QMC now, fingers crossed,

APF

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Last Ride Today :-(’ is closed to new replies.