Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Last part standing.
  • tinsy
    Free Member

In 2004 I bought a Stumpjumper FSR Comp, lovely it was, needed nothing right out of the box, its just occurred to my that through my (now obvious) need to keep on upgrading, the only thing left of it is the rear skewer and an XTR rear mech..

The first upgrades gave me some bits to start a new bike project, and so that’s it between two bikes the only original parts left that I use is that skewer and a mech!!!

The frame forks and shock do still exist out there on other peoples bikes, and there are a few bits left in the shed, seatpost and a front wheel.

Now that front wheel, is that a basis for another bike?

Do I have a compulsive part buying problem?

Am I alone in having bikes morph beyond recognition?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Nope!
    The only thing left from my Enduro ’03 is the stem, front wheel and rear shock. Even the frame was swapped out for an ’04 as the ’03 broke!

theflatboy
    Free Member

my old bike now sold was completely replaced except the seatpost.

raises the philosophical question about the boat, ie. is it still the same bike?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

errrrrrrrr

errrrrrr

errr

i was still using an original inner tube for a long time? and the chainring bolts might be original.

thomthumb
    Free Member

I once replaced so much on a bike when i replaced the frame i built up the original bike in almost factory spec!

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

[trigger]I’ve had the same broom for 20 years[/trigger]

Gary_M
    Free Member

I bought a kona jake the snake cx bike in 2006, only things left of the original bike are the front mech and shifters, and that includes frame, fork, wheels, etc.

AlasdairMc

I bought an 04 Enduro in April 07, and all that’s left original now are the frame/shock, shifters, outer gear cables and back wheel. I’ve swapped stuff onto my HT as I’ve upgraded so not all of it has been binned.

momo

I built my s-works in April ’00, and the only parts left from the origional build are the frame, thomson seatpost and the xt front mech. Although I have got the origional front wheel sat in my hallway cupboard – this was the wheel that came with my ’97 rockhopper(still got both wheels as I’d just bought a pair of hope xc’s on 321’s a couple of weeks before the rockhopper was stolen!)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Last part standing.’ is closed to new replies.