Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Last Night's Panorama
  • jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Britain’s Secret Terror Deals

Interesting timing just after Prince Charles’ visit

So many questions come to mind…

Do MI5 encourage and protect murderers?

Are there similar things still going on involving MI5/6 in other parts of the world?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Interesting timing just after Prince Charles’ visit

It proves that the BBC aren’t part of the MI5/Prince Charles/Jimmy Savile/IRA conspricy ?

scotroutes

It never occurred to me that this wouldn’t be true.

chipster

scotroutes – Member
    It never occurred to me that this wouldn’t be true.

That^

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

It proves that the BBC aren’t part of the MI5/Prince Charles/Jimmy Savile/IRA conspricy ?

To be fair to BBC Northern Ireland, they were the 1st to shine light into the murky corners of Kincora:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-29516208

slowoldman

I thought covert operations were all about infiltration.

MoreCashThanDash

Presumably if there is going to be a witch hunt regarding all the terrible stuff done by loyalists and government agents in the Troubles, then we’ll have to give prominent nationalists a close look as well?

It was always messy, wars always are, anyone thinking otherwise is a naive fool.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It was always messy, wars always are, anyone thinking otherwise is a naive fool.

This.

I watched the programme, to be honest only partially for the reasons MoreCash gave. I didn’t think there was anything particularly startling.

footflaps

It proves that the BBC aren’t part of the MI5/Prince Charles/Jimmy Savile/IRA conspricy

Jimmy Saville and Prince Charles were in the IRA? News to me….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Interesting remark. Armed nationalist organisations always referred to the Troubles as a “war”. UK governments always steadfastly refused to see it as such, dismissing it as nothing more than criminal activity by terrorists, hence for example the Maze Prison hunger strikes.

It now seems that the Troubles are indeed widely seen by people both sides of the debate as having been a war.

Presumably this made British soldiers, for example, perfectly legitimate targets ?

(For the record …….. personally while hugely sympathetic to the nationalist cause I could not support the armed struggle. While I fully accept that armed insurrection can in extreme circumstances where all other political avenues have been fully exhausted be totally justified, the existing conditions in NI did not justify it imo. Besides even if the existing conditions did justify it the violence went far beyond legitimate military targets.)

jambalaya
    Free Member

I prefer conflict as a description. The problem with calling it a war is you have to release prisoners at the end of it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How about referring to as a “war on terror” and any prisoners as “unlawful combatants” ? Seems to work for US governments.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Last Night's Panorama’ is closed to new replies.