Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Last nights iDave dinner!
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m on week seven now, my six pack is getting better by the day and the little love handles I was growing are pretty much gone. I’m really enjoying the food and definitely in it for the long haul.

Last night I made a cottage pie, with extra veg in the mince topped with butter bean, cauliflower and parsnip mash, yum! It was even nicer when I reheated the leftovers.

1kg lean mince
    2 large onions
    2 large sticks of celery
    1 litre of beeef stock
    3 large carrots
    I also added a bit of shredded cabbage

One and a half bags of frozen cauli
    2 tins of butter beans
    4 medium parsnips
    salt/pepper
    garlic puree
    a few sprays of frylight on top to brown it.

The night before I made a chicken, leek and bacon casserole with the same mash topping, also very yum and guilt free.

Anyone made anything nice lately?

iDave
    Free Member

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I had a roast dinner.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I started last week but it’s been modified slightly to eliminate root veg and beans. This will be for only two weeks though and then I’ll move on to the iDave diet.

Still trying to think of decent recipes but I do like veg in a spicy tomato based sauce with poaches Cod. I also made up a huge batch of spicy veg soup for this weeks lunch. I’m looking forward to trying some of the recipes listed on this forum. Will be keen to try yours too Bagstad. 🙂

So far after one week I have lost 3kg and 3″ off my waist. This has been achieved by also adding 16 bike session. Can honestly say it’s been the hardest week I’ve ever had on a bike. 😐

wwaswas

Elfin returns as a clapping gif?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Rosbif and Yorkshire pudding, parnips, mash carrots.

Yum

iDave my arse

BigJohn

Roast shoulder of lamb.

Roast spuds (for the rest of the family only)

Big roasting pan with fennel, carrots, leeks, celery, courgettes, shallots, peppers, cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and a dash of balsamic.

Fart-a-doodle-doo

willard

creamy chicken and tomato pasta. Not exactly a roast, but it hit the spot.

I should really get some beans and pulses soaking again though, they do make my lunches a lot better, and to be honest, that sort of shepherds pie does sound bloody marvellous.

grum
    Free Member

Sounds good, I’ll be nicking that 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Eating healthy has always been good for well being, I prefer the older cultures style of cooking like the chinese / indian, curry’s / stir fries and add in loads of veggies and other goodies.

but if I dave it getting people to think about thier diets and eat tasty but healthy food, good on him.

As for the clapping thingy WTF?

spacemonkey

Me likey.

Beef casserole with root veg yesterday (slow cooked the day before). Still got leftovers for today’s lunch and dinner. Major nom.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Luckily I have access to a microwave at work, so last nights dinner is usually the next days lunch (seven minutes to go.)Every other day I make my moroccan chicken, but vary the veg content and go between mixed beans and chickpeas with lentals, not bored of it yet and they get better every time.

I have hardly cycled so far this year, but should be back to commuting tomorrow and have a couple of days off road planned for the week. With just my weight training sessions the fat has just melted away, so I think 9% body fat will soon be achieved and maintained. My wife has lost seven pounds in the last month, despite the biscuits she keeps eating, mind you she does have a personal chef.

ajf
    Free Member

favorite easy idave meal is cheeseless pizza.

gram flour and water base, baked till cooked

then tomatoes, chillies, chorizo, salami, ham, roast red onions blah blah use your imagination toppings

Slap under grill or back in oven for meat to crisp and toppings to warm.

hey ho idave pizza

Bagstard
    Free Member

I have one problem with cheeseless pizza, the distinct lack of cheese! I will give it a go though. Last week I made onion bhaji’s, very nice indeed.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Tuesday night I did baked haddock with lemon and herbs on a butternut squash, butterbean and cauliflower mash. Served with stir fried onion, peppers, cabbage and mushrooms, all in pretty tasty.

I had loads of the mash left so made a beef chilli with extra peppers and kidney beans and put the mash on top and baked like a cottage pie.
    I may sound a bit odd, but the spice of the chilli goes reall nicely with the sweetness from the squash, I will definitely make this again and it reheats even better.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have been eating toast at lunch, chocolate here and there and drinking the occasional latte lately. I haven’t exercised at all this week and I lost 1.5kg!

Oh btw – butternut squash ‘fries’ are delicious. Almost better than potato ones. Cut up the squash, brush with oil and stick in oven.

I’m considering trying them in the deep fryer to see if they’ll come crispy.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Tuesday night I did baked haddock with lemon and herbs on a butternut squash, butterbean and cauliflower mash. Served with stir fried onion, peppers, cabbage and mushrooms, all in pretty tasty.

This sounds yum!

I seem to have fallen off the chocolate wagon and am currently addicted to it again 🙁

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m on cheat day today, but haven’t cheated yet as my chilli pie was too nice not to eat!I did have some of my valentines toblerone yesterday though!

scruff
    Free Member

Enough Chilli for 4 meals, although I did put a knob of nutella in.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I made baked onion bhajis yesterday, they make a pretty good snack, but fried are definitely nicer.

BigJohn

What did you put in Nigella?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I had pie & chips last night. Currently using the i’msick diet to loose weight, much more effective than idiet, probably by the end of the day I will have lost a couple of stone if I continue to throw up like I have been & the regular toilet visits 🙁

Bagstard
    Free Member

This is the bhaji recipe I used, but next time I will use more flour and double the spices used.

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/16164/baked-onion-bhajis.aspx

bigdawg
    Free Member

if you want curries you could do worse than go to Hares Moor site I have at least one a week, usually with fish or vegetables, and I think I saw they were doing onion bahjees recently.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Last nights iDave dinner!’ is closed to new replies.