Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Last nights good deed. Buzzard content.
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Was lucky enough to get out of wok early last night and given my riding buddy had blown me out AGAIN I went for a belt on my own instead.
    About halfway round on my ride I encountered this.

It looked like his wing was damaged and he didn’t try and fly off. Sat about 1m away for about 15mins whilst I was on the phone to the RSPCA. They arrived after an hour and took him away.
    Not before I’d had to stand guard over him at the edge of a narrow 60mph speed limit road for 15 mins. I nearly got taken out by a number of people who clearly weren’t paying attention and had to virtually jump into the hedge.
    The sad thing in all the time I was stood there only 1 person in a car asked if everything was ok?

teadrinker
    Free Member

That is a beautiful bird.

The sad thing in all the time I was stood there only 1 person in a car asked if everything was ok?

The world we live in I’m afraid. Nice one on being the one that does stop but don’t get in a flap about others not stopping 🙂

debaser

A good deed indeed. It probably wouldn’t have lasted long or been able to feed itself if it couldn’t fly.

Having spoken to the SSPCA after finding one in a similar predicament, you probably don’t want to know what happens at ‘buzzard hospital’ though. 🙁

bigyinn
    Free Member

Foxy would have had buzzard for din dins.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Phoned the RSPCA to enquire about its wellbeing just now.
    Broken wing and leg, put to sleep.
    😥

teadrinker
    Free Member

Sad ending 🙁

At least it was humane and not left to starve and suffer in the wilds.

globalti
    Free Member

What vegetables for buzzard casserole?

Well done, seriously.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Last nights good deed. Buzzard content.’ is closed to new replies.