Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Last night I ran over a badger.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Riding along, minding my own business, then heard something come crashing through the fence before it just missed my front wheel but took the full force of my rear wheel. I nearly shat my pants. Luckily I had GW with me and when the black and white furry bandit spotted him he took off into the woods. I was glad he seemed OK as I’m fresh out of Hellfire missiles.

Bregante

🙂
    Massive aren’t they. I had one run across my path a couple of years ago and it scared the bejeesus out of me.

Mike-E

Is the bike OK?

bellefied
    Free Member

😐 thought this was a euphemuism for something … disappointed now 😆

crosshair
    Free Member

Seen almost as many badgers as sheep on the SDW Maxx Exposure last year 😀
    Wouldn’t want to run into one mind you.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bike is fine, bit of fur on the big ring :wink:. Do wonder if I would have been better on a fatbike.

ndg
    Free Member

Ran over one at full steam on my old Orange 5, stayed on more by luck than judgement. Both wheels and clipped it with my pedal – they are seriously solid!

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I managed the same on a gravelly descent. Badger ran under the bike on a night ride. Cue running over it with the back wheel, which launched me in the air.
    Cost me 1 Giro lid, one front wheel, two claret knees and 3 broken ribs. Badger 1 Me 0

bearnecessities

15 years ago – Badger 1, Astra GTE oil sump 0.

Car caught fire a year later. The badger God had his revenge.

tomj
    Free Member

Be careful – you’ll have Brian May after you.

What tyres for badger culling?

I startled one on a piece of Dorset singletrack which promptly shot out of the hedgerow. The rider behind me ran over it and went clean over the bars. Badger carried on as if nothing happened.

tom200

Badger proof bikes are nexus years big thing so you are well ahead of the game! I hit a bat with my face the other week, the little brighter was stuck flapping under my peak!

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I got knocked off by one and it broke my exposure light, I thought I’d done my collar bone too. I sent it back to Exposure with a note explaining it was badger related and they fixed it for free 🙂

Spin
    Free Member

At about the same time you hit the badger my life was being saved by a DJ.

skiboy
    Free Member

My mate Paul ran over a badgers head while it was trying to get the hell out the way 🙂

Saturday night last, chilterns between wendover and cadstone,

great night riding+pint of ale at cadstone=hilarious badger incident *.

*had to be there applies.

Great night, chalky and fast trails on a warm night with some good friends.

sweepy
    Free Member

If you hit a badger and killed it, but the next rider hit it again and had 650b wheels, would it come back alive?

tomj
    Free Member

Would a 29er roll over a badger carcass better or would the panel recommend a 650b??

seavers
    Free Member

If you hit a badger and killed it, but the next rider hit it again and had 650b wheels, would it come back alive?

Chuckles 🙂 …yeah much like they would a trail. I read that in a magazine.

pondo

Badger 1 corsa 0 – hit one driving home late, little feller tore through the fuel lines, £200 to fix plus forty quid in the tank gone to waste.

They’re like little black and white tanks.

Cheezpleez

I had one run between my wheels a year or two back, it whacked my foot (not a euphemism) as it went past and I can confirm that they are solid little buggers. A mate was sent sailing OTB by one not long after.

chakaping
    Free Member

[img]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/8124zUYsVrL._SY679_.jpg[/img]

righog
    Free Member

Have been Tested for T.B yet ?

Bregante

Tubeless

colp

I saw the thread title and thought The Smiths had a new song out.

numbnut
    Free Member

I had exactly the same thing happen last year.

Strangest one was being hit by a “flying” snail. A bird was attempting to drop it onto the road to break the shell just as i was riding past!

bellefied
    Free Member

**** me, I didn’t know there were so many badgers in Britain, next time Bill Oddie is trying to coax one out for the cameras (not a euphemism) I’ll tell him to ride his bike past its sett! 😀

kevin1911

Blimey, lots of incidents. Almost like they’re trying to badger us off the trails.

Sorry….

colp

I don’t think it’s that black and white Kevin.

wwaswas

I ran over a badgers nose out on my bike once, it was lurking in some long grass.

It made a horrible crunching noise.

It was only after I’d turned round and gone back I found it was already dead.

felt
    Free Member

It’s not like you sett out to do it on purpose

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

(Must read whole thread first…)

bigjim

Ran over a myxy rabbit a couple of weekends ago, went back to put it out of its misery, was going to quickly snap its neck, on closer inspection didn’t like the look of the big lumps on its head, so killed it with a big rock to the head… didn’t realise those big lumps were full of lots of pus…

kevin1911

Ohhh….just when I have a mouthful of sandwich. Thanks bigjim 🙄

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Last night I ran over a badger.’ is closed to new replies.