Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Last night I created a Monster………… and it rides oh so good
  • sofaking
    Free Member

bought the fork for a future project but thought i'd give it a try out on the swift.

let the stoning commence

enfht
    Free Member

Your grass needs a cut

scaredypants

your decking needs some work

sofaking
    Free Member

yeah leaving the grass as i'm trying to train the hornets living in the log and they don't like the mower

duntstick
    Free Member

Carefull now on the steep, gnarly terrain

RealMan
    Free Member

your bales of hay arent organized neatly into rows

Coyote
    Free Member

Pass the eye-bleach.

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

I kind of like it.

fotorat
    Free Member

lefty's rock – i put 2500 miles on a tpc 140 max without any servicing and it still works like new – the front large bearing has been replaced recently though -dead easy to drift out and refit

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it possible for something to be so far on the side of wrong that it's gone full circle and becomes right? I'm still not sure….

sofaking
    Free Member

had a couple of lefty's on dales before and really liked them, super stiff compared to other forks in the same weight category

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is it possible for something to be so far on the side of wrong that it's gone full circle and becomes right? I'm still not sure….

nickc

Is it possible for something to be so far on the side of wrong that it's gone full circle and becomes right?

No, it isn't.

binno
    Free Member

looks pretty cool, the only problem i've had with a lefty is it pulls to the side when you do no hands.

Sam

I assumed when you asked if you could put the lefty on you were going to be sensible and use a flat bar. Though you may have bought it second hand the terms and conditions of sale still apply – 3.2.a – drop handlebars may only be used with a rigid fork

😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

You're bored as hell, but I like the outcome.

sofaking
    Free Member

Sam, i did intend to put some low rise bars on it but thought i'd give it a little outing with the drops on just to satisfy my curiosity.

might leave them on for a while as it felt so good to ride 😛

sorry if i have offended you singular ethos 😳

mattsccm
    Free Member

Excellent. Tell me do Lefty's fit normal 1 1/8" head tubes?

Got me thinking, stiffen the forks a touch and lace my crossers front wheel in.

CHB

That looks great!

sofaking
    Free Member

Excellent. Tell me do Lefty's fit normal 1 1/8" head tubes?

this one has an 1 1/8th steerer tube that has an adaptor cup where the top bracket attaches to the leg. so yes.

although a lot of bike manufacturers dont reccomend the use of a lefty fork with their frames

z1ppy

Do a search on on the 2010 lefty 4all
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/2009/07/happy-10th-birthday-lefty

otherwise as mentioned you can get 1-1/8 adapters off eBay

Sam

the only problem i've had with a lefty is it pulls to the side when you do no hands.

Do you have the same problem of listing to the right with derailleurs, cassette, chain and cranks on the right?

a lot of bike manufacturers dont reccomend the use of a lefty fork with their frames

I don't recommend it either, or any other dual crown forks, but for your specific xc-only-no-jumping use it should be fine.

singlespeedstu

Ooooh look at me with my One F*cking Leg.

🙄

😉

sofaking
    Free Member

wheels firmly on the ground on this one.
    hopefully have funds for a specific frame for the fork before too long and then the rigids can go back on

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Last night I created a Monster………… and it rides oh so good’ is closed to new replies.