Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Last day at work before moving to NZ…
  • deandorsie
    Free Member

It’s my last day at work in the UK before moving to Wellington NZ. Just wondered if anyone knows of any good trails in and around the area – more than happy to make a couple of hours drive for some riding.

Makara Peak looks like a must and I’ve been trawling tracks.org.nz but any insider knowledge would be great.

Also, any pics would be would be massively appreciated, it’s been a hellish few months getting everything sorted and I’m in need of a motivational boost to get me through the last few days…

Cheers.

roddi18
    Free Member

Oh the envy!
    I have no advice bud but you should be fine as from what i have heard from friends there is a heap of riding over there and the scene is really growing.
    Good luck, i hope all goes well.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ll have a word with my mate, he’s from Wellington

deandorsie
    Free Member

thanks thepodge, that would be great.

roddi – hope so! it’s been quite a mission getting everything sorted.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Join http://www.vorb.co.nz

There’s a fantstic mtb community out there, happy to take you on rides.

Lots of riding around welly, and of course the queen Charlotte track, and karipote, which are must dos. Whakamarina track is ace.

What line of work takes you there? Lucky man….

andyl
    Free Member

lucky bugger

eviljoe
    Free Member

Makara peak 🙂[img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-TmQ4XqpiBvM/R9rEa-DY39I/AAAAAAAAAEk/ESZcfknv9SI/voodoobling.jpg[/img]

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

Get in touch with Carl at info@singletrackcolorado.co.nz. He’s a great guy. Ex – National XC racer, editor of MTBNZ magazine and a skills coach. He’s a Wellington local but travels all over riding with people. He’ll be in Colorado for the next few weeks but should be back after that.

…tell him I sent you!

wl
    Free Member

There’s a book by three brothers called Kennet – it’s the bible for bikers in NZ, or was 10 or so years ago. I’m sure there’s a new version of it out now. Nice place – enjoy your new life.

wl
    Free Member

I live in Wellington – Loads of riding, it’s a city filled with cyclists and has a council that is supportive of it. There is cycling literally the town. Depending on where you live you can ride to the trails. Contact me via my profile should you need advice. The Kennett book is highly recommended as a guide. I’d advise “stocking” up on “bits” as they can be pricey and the selection can be poor due to the smaller market(CRC and Wiggle including postage) are often lots cheaper than retail.

blooddonor
    Free Member

**** 😀

Jiffy

Yeah, all sounds ok…. probably not as good as the North Downs though 😉

Have a great time but try to remember to get a job!

NZCol

Email me, i live in wellington and have built a few of the trails around and about. More than happy to show you around and then drink beer if you absolutely insist.
    Lots of biking that can be strung together in the city. Mt Vic is a start for a few loops in there as it is a maze, you can then roll down and across to the new Miramar trails, small but perfectly formed then grind back up onto Mt Albert and roll back through Mt Vic again. That’s all within the city. Or up Transient which is the new singletrack from Aro Valley up to the wind turbine, up the rollercoaster, car parts I and II then roll onto the newly council built fantastic barking emu which takes you all the way out to the Top track. from there bomb the tip track or go down to red rocks via the new singletrack. Thats about 10% of the riding in town. You see why i live here ?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Last day at work before moving to NZ…’ is closed to new replies.