Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Largest Marathon Plus on a 2013 genesis CDF
  • jerrys
    Free Member

Currently running the original 35mm conti cyclecross race tyres on my CdF but the puncture fairies have taken a dislike to me. Thinking of some Marathon Plus tyres to combat the toxic Wiltshire flint/hawthorn combination. Anyone know the maximum size I can get in there?

jerrys
    Free Member

Well that didn’t work. Went for some 38mm Marathon Plus. Width wise they were no problem, unfortunately depth wise they were far too big. I put the front wheel back in and it was feeler gauge clearance under the front crown. Would it be a similar problem if I went down a size or two? I know 28mm Panaracer Tourguard Plus fit no bother, but are Marathon Pluses deeper?

iainc

I used Conti contact 2 reflex 32’s on my 14 one and they fitted well – similar to the Marathons and quite tough

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Tubeless…

Got a puncture the other day, could feel that the rear tyre was a little squirmy on corners, as it had lost a few pounds before resealing itself. Just pumped some more air in and went on my way…

Just carry a spare tube, a normal puncture repair kit, and tubeless one. All fits in a small saddle bag. With the tubeless repair kit the chances of having to use the spare tube are very low.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Largest Marathon Plus on a 2013 genesis CDF’ is closed to new replies.