Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • large size Mud Tyre recommendations
  • dodd4721
    Free Member

does anyone have any recommendations for mud tyres 2.3 and larger without being too heavy?
    Had Minion Exo.s in 2.4 folding for my all round tyres but would like a bit more grip in the gloopy stuff.

chakaping
    Free Member

Depends what you mean by too heavy, have a look at Schwalbe Muddy Mary though.

votchy
    Free Member

Swampthings are big, also heavy though

djflexure

I have some muddy Mary’s you could have reasonably – one short ride old, 2.3s I think
    They were good in mud and cleared well, just a bit bigger than what I wanted on my xc bike

stevede
    Free Member

Conti black chilli barons in 2.3, although they size up on the smaller size for a continental tyre. Great winter trail tyre imo.

dodd4721
    Free Member

How much would you want for the Muddy Mary’s?

motorman
    Free Member

Surly Nate 3.8 is quite good in mud.
    Well, you did ask… 😆

I found the splesh storm controls quite good & I think you can get them in 2.3 now.

djflexure

How much would you want for the Muddy Mary’s?

Just got them down off the garage wall and am tempted to give them another go on my bigger bike. apologies

chakaping
    Free Member

OP – you should check On One site and see if they still have any Marys left for £25 each.

I got the gooey gluey compound but a faster rolling one is also available I think

they are very large compared to most other brands

PaulD
    Free Member

OP,

I offer you a brand new Continental Survival ProTection 2.3″ 705g wire bead for £19 posted.

And….Panaracer Spike Rear brand new folding kevlar 2.0″ 696g for £20 posted.

Pair for £37 posted.

Mail me if interested.

paul.r.davisAThotmail.co.uk

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘large size Mud Tyre recommendations’ is closed to new replies.