Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Large Delivery
  • caledonia
    Free Member

Quick question,

I’m having my new shed delivered tomorrow by courier.
    The guys only have a tail lift, and the pallets weigh half a tonne.

Am I ok to have it delivered onto the pavement in front of the house and leave it there till the evening ?

Or is it asking for trouble etc ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

presumably delivered implies get it onto you’r property? at least get them to help it onto the drive

soobalias
    Free Member

if they only have a tail lift they will struggle to drag a half ton pallet off the tail lift onto the pavement.

assuming they have a pallet truck with them get them to put it where you want it.

you dont have a silly silly gravel drive do you?

caledonia
    Free Member

I’ve no drive, I’ve got hedge all round. 🙄
    My garage is round the corner on another street.

They don’t have a hoist, so they can’t get it up and over the hedge,
    And yeah I really do hope they have a pallet truck !

Mrs Cale is going to be signing for the delivery, so I need to make sure she has a clear plan !

project
    Free Member

You may be charged with obstructing the highway by the police and or local; council jobs worths,
    the pallets may be to big for the pavement and also block the road, is therere space for the delivery driver to park up too unload, with a pallet truck theyre only designed o go over height of about 1 inch or smaller, not a curb, so delivery may be a problem, anyway if its from a major diy retailer, itll be there in the next few weeks in bits, with bits missing, as is per usual, despite what they say about delivery times.

caledonia
    Free Member

It’s from a really good place down south and having ordered it last Friday it’s here tomorrow, courier just phoned.

It’s a full on Metal chap and is meant to be one of the best.
    Pics will follow.

Also gettin hardcore and sand delivered on Friday to make a base, slabs will be here on Sat !!!

GrahamS

You mean you bought a shed and didn’t opt for the “Free Erection Service”?

Fnar fnar etc

(Viz, circa 1987)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Large Delivery’ is closed to new replies.