Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • large crc order, now got email with 10% off and cant cancel online
  • organic355
    Free Member

as above, made a £200 ish order late last night, then I get an email this morning saying 10% off with code. Cant cancel order online. Do I…..

a: re-order everything with code saving £20, and send back 1st order (on what grounds?).
    b: attempt to contact CRC to see if they will give me 10% off my original order?
    c: suck it up as bad luck and damn my eagerness to get this bike built.

MSP

Try option b, nothing ventured nothing gained. If that fails suck it up.

woody2000

It’s distance shopping, you can send it back for whatever reason you like within 7 days IIRC. Unless it was something custom made for you…

Markie
    Free Member

Under DSR you can send back your first order with no grounds whatsoever except that you want to. But postage back is your cost, so the gain may not be so great… give them a ring would be my call.

cynic-al
    Free Member

CC returns is free postage no?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

a.
    b. would be more sensible, but it usually takes CRC longer to answer emails than process orders. Just put “ordered by mistake” in the reason for returning. If its all untouched they won’t mind.

Does assume you’ve a spare £180 for the second order…

organic355
    Free Member

couldnt find their number, what is it?

allthepies
    Free Member

Suck it up and move on IMO.

geoffj

Maybe you got the 10% code as a reward for the £200 order?

organic355
    Free Member

I think the code is a standard mail out to everyone, Code is YES if anyone needs it

cupra
    Free Member

I got the code and haven’t ordered in months.

organic355
    Free Member

bugger just got email saying order dispatched, damn CRC’s efficiency!!! 🙂

Ive still got more stuff to order anyhoo, so maybe not so bad, still damn annoying.

DezB
    Free Member

Phone em : 44 (0)28 9335 2976

njee20
    Free Member

It’s not gonna be £20 to send it back even if you have to cover postage, so just re-order.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

CRC have a £10 off £75, £15 off £85, 10% off, etc every weekend at the moment, the ammount of stuff I’ve bought recently just to push an order over the threshold is silly! Anyone want 4 packets of glueless patches?

On the doenside 1 thing wasn’t what I wanted which means sending back the whole order as the rest was bits I didn’t specificaly need.

organic355
    Free Member

It’s not gonna be £20 to send it back even if you have to cover postage, so just re-order.

true but the hassle involved in re-packaging, getting the box to the post office (on the bike), standing in the post office queue in my lunch hour with the junkies and gadgies takes the shine off getting £10-£15 back. Plus itll be another week before I get the bits back, and had planned on building most of it up this weekend.

Think I will try calling them 1st, worth a shot?

gboarder
    Free Member

CRC is free returns, so just send it back for a refund.

Order the stuff you want with the discount.

And just hope the stuff is still instock etc.

rootes1

worth trying CRC to see if they will knock 10% off – just tell them you will send it all back for a refund otherwise..

otherwise just man up and accept you lost out – it is not as if you have bought a DFS sofa in the one day per sutff is not in the sale!

rocketman
    Free Member

The free returns service via Collect+ is positively glacial but you can usually drop stuff off for collection at newsagents/off licences etc.

I would check that all your items are still in stock, re-order with the discount and then just send the original order back. If you’re looking for a reason there’s a check box on the returns form ‘items not as expected’.

freeridenick
    Free Member

what rocketman says.

collect+ is good. local cornershop does it here. no hassles….and costs you nothing.

just use the box it came in. they even give you a sticker to retunr!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘large crc order, now got email with 10% off and cant cancel online’ is closed to new replies.