Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Laptops… bit of a commodity nowadays… so just one from eBuyer?
  • Alex

for my 14 year old… http://www.ebuyer.com/544437-toshiba-satellite-pro-c50-a-166-laptop-pscg7e-00y002en. Can’t get her a chrome book as she has a drawing tablet attached that needs windows. Already have a DVD USB drive so just looking for a cheap laptop with a 15inch screen.

Is it worth looking anywhere else or can I just make the teenage noise go away by buying one of these 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

HNY to you Al.
    Cant believe one’s already 14! 😯

That ebuyer is a good deal.

There are some nice Asus grade A refurbs for similar prices at morgancomputers with a 10% discount (new catalogue, CAT27 discount code) eg. 4Gb, i3,

And the chromebook is now down to £160something delivered 😉

Alex

Ta Mark. Will go and have a look at those Asus’s. She’ll be 15 in May. I can’t believe it either! I would get here a chrome book but it’d mean we’d have to keep an old PC to run her drawing tablet.

geoffj

If it has to be windows, then this Lenovo is a good deal – http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FSBF7A4/?tag=ho01f-21

mogrim

Been looking at laptops for ages with a view to buying one, and at that price point they’re all pretty similar, the competition’s fierce enough that there aren’t any real duds. Assuming she’s not a gamer the speed will be more than enough.

One thing: make sure it comes with recovery DVDs. If your daughter’s anything like mine she’ll install all sorts of crap on it, and it’ll be slow as anything in 6 months time…

Alex

Lenovo looks good as well. When did Laptops get so cheap? I guess everyone is buying tablets. I’m quite glad the drawing software won’t run on a mac love them as I do. So much more expensive.

jamj1974

It will run on a Mac if you use Parallels and create a Windows vm!

seavers
    Free Member

Reading through the thread I was going to post that Lenovo too, cracking deal. Better processor than the toshiba.

legend
    Free Member

Watching this thread with great interest….. as my wifi connection craps out again and processor temp goes through 70C again!

EDIT: In addition, is there actually anything to be gained by going for the likes of a Dell these days? (only an extra £50, or £80 if you want a touch screen)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Laptops… bit of a commodity nowadays… so just one from eBuyer?’ is closed to new replies.