Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Laptop went off won't come back on!
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

After I downloaded a newer version of HTC Sync on my laptop I connected my phone to sync it with the pc, as I was doing that a friend called round and when I came back to my laptop it had turned itself off, I thought it was the battery but it was connected to the mains so I pressed the on/off button it made the usual noises as though it was about to start up then nothing the screen remained black throughout. Any ideas?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Have you unplugged the phone? It could be reading it as a drive on boot and getting confused. I had a machine that wouldn’t start up if you’d left a USB key in

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Yes I unplugged my phone and external hard drive also, made no difference.

stuey
    Free Member

Have you tried pulling the battery and or pressing any hidden reset button?

If yes and your not getting any ‘bios’ – then could be bad news.

Militant_biker

Have you tried booting it in safe mode, shutting down and restarting?

z1ppy

Pull the mains & battery out, disconnect any devices, leave for 30 seconds or so. The plug it back in &try it again

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Pull the mains & battery out, disconnect any devices, leave for 30 seconds or so. The plug it back in &try it again

That worked Thanks 😀

edhornby

hold the power button down for about 10secs then try the power button again, this will have the same effect as messing about with the battery

flippinheckler
    Free Member

It was the first thing I tried holding down the power button but that didn’t work. It seems ok now fingers crossed.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Laptop went off won't come back on!’ is closed to new replies.