Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Laptop through TV – how??
  • dickie
    Free Member

How can I play things like YouTube through my TV??

TV is connected to a DVD/Home Cinema with USB port.

jam-bo

One of them chrome cast things?

scaredypants

isn’t that what chromecast does ?

Bah!

chrisdw
    Free Member

HDMI cable?

v8ninety

Laptop through TV – how??

Maybe a big catapult, or some elaborate slingshot arrangement? Or just get REALLY cross with it. Although personally I recommend the window; more satisfying.

raymeridians
    Free Member

We’ve settled on an Amazon Fire stick. It’s a pain to use the onscreen keyboard for search but is the most convenient otherwise.

HDMI cable from the laptop works well, but is untidy and you need a long cable, to fiddle around with HDMI ports etc. Even assuming the laptop has a HDMI out.

Kodi was unreliable, wouldn’t work for more than a few days and didn’t always stream correctly.

Playstation and external bluetooth keyboard also works well, but obviously you need a Playstation and have to wait for it to boot up.

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP, as above chromecast and send stuff via your phone or laptop. Or if laptop has hdmi out use that.

andyl
    Free Member

Chromecast will work for apps that support it.

For mirroring you want a miracast device or wdtv.

Another option is pick up a bluray player with smart features, a Sony would be a good bet, as they often have miracast and specifically for YouTube a YouTube app that you can cast to from your PC, phone etc and is slicker than mirroring the whole screen.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Laptop through TV – how??’ is closed to new replies.