Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • laptop screen bust
  • kolbusboy
    Free Member

The screen on my daugthers laptop has broken, is it possible to replace the screen or do the scrap it and get a new one?

nickjb
    Free Member

Possible but unlikely to be cost effective unless the laptop is nearly new or high-end.

tiger_roach
    Free Member

My Dell Latitude's screen was replaced through my company's support contract.

brant
    Free Member

I've replaced two on my wife's HP Pavilion (after child bashing damage). Absolute piece of piss to do with a set of tiny screw drivers (about £2 from the shop down the road).

Screen was about £70 I think.

daffyduck
    Free Member

very easy and very cost effective to replace.

My wife broke her screen on her Acer One laptop and after purchasing a new one (£35), I fitted it in about 10 minutes.

Do NOT go to any high street stores – you'll get majorly ripped off and prolly end up with a busted laptop.

kolbusboy
    Free Member

Thanks guys
    Brant: same as that,computer not working fast so kid punched it 😕
    So where do I get the new screen from?

brant
    Free Member

So where do I get the new screen from?

I think mine came of ebay. Just search for the model number.

So long as you can find your arse with both hands, you can replace it.

You'll get a bare screen from Ebay, but you can upbolt (the metal bits from your old one) and unstick (the metal heat/something shielding) from the old screen.

I think it took me 15mins last time.

samuri
    Free Member

My wife broke her screen on her Acer One laptop and after purchasing a new one (£35), I fitted it in about 10 minutes.

Good to know, thanks. My son's has just broken (heavy handedness I suspect).

Do NOT go to any high street stores – you'll get majorly ripped off and prolly end up with a busted laptop.

His was under warranty so I sent it back and they said it was a mechanical failure so not covered under warranty, 95 quid please. I told them to blow that one out their arse and send it back, I'll fix it myself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘laptop screen bust’ is closed to new replies.