Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Laptop rucksack for commuting?
  • timothecimmerian

Morning. Does anyone have any recommendations for a decent laptop rucksack for commuting purposes? Needs to hold a 15″ screen laptop with power cords, lunch, few tools/tubes etc. I don’t really need it to hold clothing as I’ll be leaving stuff at work. It’d be useful if it was rugged/weatherproof although I’ve got a camelbak rain cover I can use if the heavens open. I don’t need a hyrdation pack/bladder compartment, the bottle cage is enough for the commute (about 12 miles).

Obviously, the most cost effective the better – not looking to pay more than £40-£50 but anything less would be great. Anyone use Wenger rucksacks – are they any good?

coffeeking
    Free Member

See thats odd, how do you leave clothing at work? Wear the same shirt/pants etc for a week? I need to carry a rucksack just to carry the clothing about, let alone a laptop!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I’ve got something like this

http://www.blacks.co.uk/product/103487.html

Although I though my version was 35 litres.

Generally pretty big and theres a padded laptop compartment.

Although saying that I’ve got a 10″ asus eee pc. I’ve brought a spare charger off ebay and leave that at work I also plug it into a monitor there and I’ve got a switch for the keyboard and mouse.

I’d say a 15″ laptop is quite heavy for communicating to work every day unless its a macbook air or something.

Deffinetely get a spare charger and leave at work though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’d say a 15″ laptop is quite heavy for communicating to work every day

Ya big girl 🙂

robbo1234biking

Ive got a 15″ Dell that I commute with every day but like above have a charger at home and at work. I got an Ogio bag which works fine but doenst have a specific compartment for the laptop. I usually fit my laptop, lunchbox and spare shirt in their and then have trousers that I rotate at work. Got a couple of pairs of shoes under my desk as well that I leave at work

timothecimmerian

Good call on the spare charger – I’ll definitely look at that.

Coffeeking, I won’t be commuting every day as I’m only usually in the office a couple of days a week, so it’ll be two days worth of clothes I leave there.

Haze

I’ve been using this since Christmas – serving me very well so far 🙂

timothecimmerian

Cheers – those Ogio bags look like they may do the trick.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Laptop rucksack for commuting?’ is closed to new replies.