Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Laptop repair help
  • Shakey
    Free Member

Okay, I have an HP 530 laptop. The screen died so I replaced the screen but somehow in the process I trapped a white cable that runs from underneath the keyboard to the rear right hand side and then to the back of the screen. The cable is therefore broken and not cleanly either.

Can the cable just be soldered together or is it a little more complicated than that?

Thanks Shakey

Mikkel
    Free Member

Is it the wireless antenna by any chance?
    Just solder it back and cover it with some of that heatshrink stuff, or tape 😉

Spongebob
    Free Member

Sounds like one of the leads that power the cold cathode backlight.

Try to repair it. Insulate and support the join with heatshrink sleeve (Maplins supply this).

If this fails, go online and look for a replacement. eBay often have used laptop spares available.

Shakey
    Free Member

I thought it might be the wireless antenna but the laptop does not power on so I’m thinking that its something else.

You get the charging light on the front and the blue lights on the wireless and on/off switch lights when you switch on but nothing after that!

Mikkel
    Free Member

all the cables that deals with the screen, should all be bundled together, why i think it would be the antenna.
    Try take the battery out and when no power connected hold the power button for some 30 sec, then connect power and try see if it starts.

Shakey
    Free Member

The bundled cables look they are on the left hand side and this cable appears to run up the right hand side of the screen and across the top.

If this is the wireless antenna then this wouldn’t stop the machine powering on!

Mikkel
    Free Member

not it wouldnt, why you should try the trick i posted before.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Shakey
    Free Member

Hi Mikkel, I tried holding the on/off switch down for 30 seconds but still no luck.

Mikkel
    Free Member

Not good then.
    tried without the screen pluged in? with an external monitor connected instead maybe. ( just to see if it maybe dont like th new screen)
    beside that im clueless as what to try.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Laptop repair help’ is closed to new replies.