My wife's laptop has some sort of fault.
The battery doesn't charge. Initially I thought that it was the AC adaptor at fault. So I substituted another with the same. All seemed to be well for maybe an hour, then it too stopped working.
I then tried the new adaptor on a printer which runs of the same current, and it gives a "battery overheating" warning. So I presume adaptor two was exterminated by the laptop.
So something in the laptop is at fault?
Battery is a Lithium Ion one if that helps.
Any ideas based on experience rather than idle musings please?