Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Laptop advice
  • Shorty121
    Free Member

My laptops 4 years old now and seen a lot of use. Budget of £350 mainly going to be used browsing, films and Microsoft office.

Any ideas?

allfankledup

Tablet

philtricklebank

If the laptop is otherwise ok but “a bit slow”, spend a quarter to half of your budget on a 240-480Gb solid state drive, swap it for your existing HDD, stick a clean install of windows on it.

New lease of life for your existing laptop and probably faster than anything you could by for less than £600. In my opinion of course!

matther01
    Free Member

Try refurbished laptops on Curry’s website etc. Some great deals can be found and they’re usual in great working order. My Asus i5, 500gb 2gb RAM should have been £600 got it for £329.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The dell outlet is also a great place to look, just seen some 15″ inspirons on there in your price range. They are also a lot lighter on junk than a lot of new machines these days.

Just make sure you make the backup media when you get it.

Alphabet

+1 for putting in a solid state drive. It’s what I’ve done rather than buy a whole new laptop.

robbo
    Free Member

Before you spend try tuning your laptop. Yesterday I found a Temp folder in my Windows directory, deleted it and got back 50Gb!!!! If its called temp its fair game I reckon 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Laptop advice’ is closed to new replies.