Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lapierre x-control 2012 or 2013
  • ashs3
    Free Member

Hi
    Long time lurker first time poster!

I’m looking at buying a Lapierre x-control bike, can pick up the 2013 model for £1100 locally, or the 2012 model for £880 online brand new. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two? I’d rather but local but the price difference is quite substantial.
    Can anyone recommend anything else in my price range of around £1000.

Thanks
    Ash

ashs3
    Free Member

It’s the X-control 110 model in question.

Would love a zesty but can’t stretch to that!

taxi25
    Free Member

The 2012 at a quick look seems to have a slightly higher spec, and is cheaper so it seems a no brainer. But I bought my x-control mail order, and when the swinging arm snapped it was more hassle sorting it out long distance. the swinging arm has been upgraded on both those models now, but is it worth an extra £220 for local service ? only you can decide that.

ashs3
    Free Member

Thanks taxi, in what way is the 2012 better spec?
    Did you deal with lapierre direct for the warranty or back to the online store?

ashs3
    Free Member

Anyone else offer any advice?

somafunk

We sell lapierres 😉 , the 2012 does have slightly higher spec, and there will be absolutely no problem with regard to any future warranty claims, if anything goes wrong with it and hotlines don’t have any left of your 2012 model they’ll offer you the 2013. so i’d advise you to get the 2012 model, for that price/spec it’s a good buy and nice to ride. Whether you buy it online or not it does not affect your warranty rights as a consumer, although it may be slightly more hassle if anything goes wrong with it but as it’s not a carbon zesty i doubt you’ll have any probs.

ashs3
    Free Member

Thanks pal, is that what you’d recommend for my price range?

I can’t find many places with the 2012 in stock online, do you sell them?

rbrstr
    Free Member

ditto the advice on the older cheaper model. i have had a warranty claim thru hotlines, but they were top class and upgraded me from a 210 to a 410!

that aside, i love love love my lapierre, its the nuts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre x-control 2012 or 2013’ is closed to new replies.