Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Lapierre warranty problems
  • sirtomsmith
    Free Member

Basically I have have my zesty 314 2013 for no longer than 2 weeks and on my 2nd proper ride it cracked on the brake side chainstay in the middle. Was wondering weather anyone has had problems with lapierre warranty.
    Please help

honourablegeorge

Their warranty is supposed to be very good and hassle free. Think they had a bad patch, both with breakages and their customer service, when they first hit the UK market, but are much improved. And they extended their warranty to five years too.

rewski
    Free Member

Surely the warranty should be dealt with by whoever you bought it from?

sirtomsmith
    Free Member

Thanks evans is dealing with the warranty but don’t want lapierre to turn round and say its rider error and be stuck with a cracked frame

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah the warranty service is good although I have read sometimes it can take several weeks to get a replacement frame/swing arm sent from France, not sure if the UK distributor holds any warranty spares these days. As above the warranty is actually with your LBS though so they should be arranging everything with Lapierre.

sirtomsmith
    Free Member

Thanks evans is dealing with the warranty but don’t want lapierre to turn round and say its rider error and be stuck with a cracked frame

Rorschach
    Free Member

So you hav’nt had a problem with Lapierre warranty yet but you thought you’d start a pre-emptive flaming ‘just in case’

but don’t want lapierre to turn round and say its rider error and be stuck with a cracked frame

Why ever not? 🙄

wwaswas

from the OP’s other thread looks like he’s going to be moving the Lapierre on anyway?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

They’re great to deal with & it won’t be a problem if it’s a genuine warranty claim.

plyphon
    Free Member

At only 2 weeks fail you could argue the bike wasnt fit for purpose and Evans should just swap it out for another bike from stock. Or a full refund if not available.

chakaping
    Free Member

Were you racing Fort William on it at the weekend or something?

Sancho
    Free Member

“At only 2 weeks fail you could argue the bike wasnt fit for purpose and Evans should just swap it out for another bike from stock”

and what cycling based activity would you argue the bike was not fit for the purpose of?

plyphon
    Free Member

“At only 2 weeks fail you could argue the bike wasnt fit for purpose and Evans should just swap it out for another bike from stock”

and what cycling based activity would you argue the bike was not fit for the purpose of?

What it’s designed for.

Its basic Sales of Goods Act.

If a product fails within “reasonable time” (Of which I would call 2 weeks very reasonable) then the product isn’t fit for purpose.

Sancho
    Free Member

I would guess that if the OP’s frame failure is not a manufacturing defect and not covered in warranty, then you would have to prove that the bike of the year is not fit for purpose, for the purpose of mountain biking?

I’ve dealt with a few Lapierre Warranties and they are pretty good, it is only where there is a very good indication that the frame was damaged by the user do they use the not warranty line.
    And even then they have offered good deals on replacements.

plyphon
    Free Member

I would guess that if the OP’s frame failure is not a manufacturing defect and not covered in warranty, then you would have to prove that the bike of the year is not fit for purpose, for the purpose of mountain biking?

Obviously without pictures it’s only an assumption but by the way the OP described it sounds like the frame cracked through normal riding conditions on it’s 2nd ride, which to me sounds like a manufacturing fault, hence sold not fit for purpose.

If it transpires the OP had used the rear triangle to hammer in some fence posts the weekend before, or the photos clearly show damage indicting an accident/off (scrapes, dents, etc) then that’s a different story.

The fact it’s bike of the year hardly comes into it. Even the big boys sometimes make duffs.

tomhoward

Rorschach +1

OP, if you are looking for issues, chances are you will find them. Be positive, I’m sure they will sort you out.

sirtomsmith
    Free Member

Thanks for all the help had 3 lapierres previous I was not using the bike to its full potential as I was still getting used to the bike it must be manufacturing fault

220si
    Free Member

I had my 2013 714 frame replaced after 5 months and about 6 rides.

It had cracked on the main pivot just above the bottom bracket on one side.

The frame was still strong enough to carry on as it hadn’t fully failed.

Hotlines/lapierre were a bit slow to start the warranty process but I got my bike back 5 weeks after dropping it off.

Hotlines upgraded my frame to a 914 by accident which is the same bar the kashima shock.

I originally wanted a 714 back but only a 914 was available so they sweetened me up with the kashima shock.

I got my frame rebuilt with new bottom bracket and cables. Rides as good as ever and I’m taking it to the alps in a few weeks.

I do believe that it was a manufacturing fault due to where it cracked and put it down to poor QC.

Wouldn’t hesitate to buy again from Lapierre or Raceco cycles of Stourbridge.

Was a little drawn out but got there in the end. 🙂

220si
    Free Member

Just to add.

It’s not just Lapierres that break.

My mates Norco Sight 2 has elongated on the main pivot above the bb and now 3 weeks and counting and no replacement from Evans yet.

Although he should be getting a black 2013 model.

portydave
    Free Member

put a couple of cracks in my 2011 zesty 514 after 2 years. the shop i bought it from had closed, so sent a couple of pics to hotlines and got a replacement within 10 days, no questions asked.

so no probs at all. only grumble is that i got another 2011 frame, rather than the updated 2013 or 2013 model i was hoping for!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre warranty problems’ is closed to new replies.