Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Langsett Cafes??
  • carlos
    Free Member

Going to do Cut Gate over the weekend and wondered if there is a cafe or anywhere for a brew etc.. in langsett or is it going to be a slurp of the camelback and a piece of malt loaf in the carpark with the toilets?

I've only ever done Cut Gate one way before (from Langsett to Fairhomes) as part of the Dr Gate – Cutgate route so have no idea what if anything is in langsett.

Cheers
    Carl

alexpalacefan

The Bankview Cafe is 1st class, home made food inc fantastic home-made cakes.

A

carlos
    Free Member

Nice one Alex, I take it the cafe is easy to find?

antigee

the bankview cafe is across the road (motorway?) and about 75m towards sheffield from the car park with the toilets and as A said excellent and is a cyclists cafe rather than a cafe

carlos
    Free Member

Thats a brew stop sorted then, just need to arrange the weather.

Cheers

porterclough
    Free Member

The Waggon and Horses pub in Langsett is a good place to stop too.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Cut Gate in November?

Wassup chaps?

I can only think its unusually rideable for the time of year

Is it worth a visit?
    Its one of the few bits of singletrack I havent ridden yet and would love to have an excuse

Cheers!

antigee

unseasonably dry – no rain this week and wind to dry off what we had last week

last yr we had snow at end of october!

keep an eye on forecast depends which one you look at but a very big westerly wet front is due to come across on saturday/sunday at some point and could sort out those that cry a bit if the rain stings

carlos
    Free Member

I'm hoping for it to stay dry but if it rains it rains. Isn't getting caked in mud etc all part of the fun?? Sure I'm all for dry dusty trails but I live in the wrong country for that and my bike and kit WON'T be put away when it gets wet out like some.

I think I'll pack a jkt just in case

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Langsett Cafes??’ is closed to new replies.