Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Landlords insurance – never heard of them
  • bigsurfer
    Free Member

We are renting our old house out for a short while until we can sell it. Currently we have the insurance with Barclays with a requote of just over £300. A Brooker has come up with a couple of cheaper options one is “Simple” and the other is “Paragon”. The cheapest Paragon is nearly half the price.

Should I trust an insurance company that I have never heard of, I think they are regulated but I am not sure what cover this gives me.

Anybody else I should try. Before you suggest it Direct Line want over £550 and to match the current quote’s will require blood samples, DNA checking and will probably take months.

LHS
    Free Member

Don’t understand why your premiums are so high. I rent one of my houses out and use Direct Line for Landlords insurance and it costs £16 a month.

z1ppy

I got some cheap insurance to cover an empty propety, was happy until 2/3 months in they emailed to ask if I want extra cover… the extra cover was stuff I’d expected on the basic policy, my fault for not checking the small print. Won’t be rushing back to them…

midlifecrashes

I went through the Simply Business website. Quick and competitive. Had to make a biggish claim after a fire, and it all went relatively smoothly. Always got the same person to deal with which is good.

toys19
    Free Member

I use these guys sisdirect. I pay 550 total for three student houses, students are more expensive to insure.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You serious about blood samples and DNA, or just being sarcastic?

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Just being sarcastic but I offered to email or fax a copy of the current quote to them and they could not accept anything other than the actual quote posted. It just sounds like they will be a very long time in deciding and I only have a little over a week till the current cover expires.

toys19
    Free Member

go sis direct, they are small helpful, uk based in an office in ‘nam.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Landlords insurance – never heard of them’ is closed to new replies.