Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Landlords Increasing our Rent – Any comeback?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

What you really mean TJ is that private landlords are the stinking garbage of late Capitalism.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Might I politely suggest asking independent professional advice rather than the ill informed politically biased but rather amusing variations on a theme that you will get here! As can be said for virtually every topic raised of course.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Sounds to me like its set up so you are merely the sons lodger …..

kingston_blue
    Free Member

It does sound as if you are in a lodging as the Son being a blood relative will be your landlord. It may be though that your agreement that was drawn up will give you more rights rather than less. As a lodger you do not have security of tenure. However the landlord should give you notice which matches your frequency of rent payment. i.e. if you pay monthly he should give a months notice or if weekly a weeks notice etc. This would be for any change to your agreement or if giving you notice to leave.

Ultimately it is your choice if you want to stay, as asked earlier -how will the new rent compare to the market, will you be able to find something similar for the rent you are currently paying? If not then it is a simple decision on whether you want to continue living there or not. I should add that the landlords notice period requirements also apply to you so you can give a months notice or a weeks notice etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Landlords Increasing our Rent – Any comeback?’ is closed to new replies.