Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Landlord/Letting Agent help please! Dull Rent Agreement question.!!
  • paulwatts
    Free Member

Hi, thanks for looking.
    I have a house rented to some guys. , one of whom l need to get out cos he’s smoking and very untidy.
    He’s causing problems with the other 2 who are very good tenants.
    The Lead Tenant and the second one have been with me for 3 years.

I have given 24hrs notice that l intend to inspect the house.

The bad tenant is the most recent (9 months ago)
    When he came in l made a new tenancy for all of them

Anyway…obviously l only want to issue a Section 21notice to Roger.
    So…do l have to issue the S21 to them ALL, or can l just put it in his name? I want to be sure so the judge
    doesn’t order a Notice to Quit in 8weeks time and l have to start again!!

I guess the safest option is to S21 all 3 of the tenants, then make a new Agreement when Roger leaves?
    Have l answered my own question?!!

Your advice/comments please. THANKS GUYS!

Paul

TheBrick
    Free Member

take your email and phone number off of your post while you can. Not a good idea to post t in a public forum.

Moses

You barsteward!
    I’m going to trash the place before I leave!

sincerely,

Roger
    😆

Northwind

Paging Tandemjeremy… Oh.

RustyMac

You still have 3 minutes left to edit your post. Quick quick now.

paulwatts
    Free Member

DONE!! Thank you!
    Thought this was far too dull to attract attention.
    Should’ve known better!!!!!
    No…l don’t have an Audi with a rack for my road bikes

Hey ho.

RustyMac

Not too clued up on the rules for HOMO properties but if you have correspondence with the 2 good tenants you could go to them and explain the situation and issue a S21 to them ALL and then set up a new lease for the good guys.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Isn’t there something in your rental ts&cs forbidding smoking in the flat? If so then why not warn and evict him?

paulwatts
    Free Member

Thanks Rusty. That seems the best/logical way. Its the only HOMO l have
    Would be easier to let the house to an ‘ordinary’ family. The 2 guys are good, but it only takes one!
    The lead tenant selects the others (for my approval of course) and this helps to avoid a complete mutiny!

Thanks again.

(Yes, no smoking in the Agreement. Actually don’t need any reason to get a tenant out. Just have to do the correct court procedure after they have been there for 6 months)

? Please explain what Nortwind means? ?!! Sorry, over my head!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Smokes and is a bit untidy so you are going to make him homeless.Your a real caring guy aren’t you.

andyl
    Free Member

not exactly bankrupting him and putting him out on the street is it? If he’s not getting on with the two other tennants and is breaking his rental agreement then best he moves on.

Not a nice thing to have to get involved with for all involved so best if a resolution can be found ie have a word and see if he will change OR agree to move out of his own accord when he finds somewhere else (within a time limit). But some people can be complete arses.

Smoking damages the decoration of the flat and is a fire risk and the landlords insurance might not be too happy if he burns the place down due to smoking against the agreement.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Landlord/Letting Agent help please! Dull Rent Agreement question.!!’ is closed to new replies.