Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • landline telephone
  • trout
    Free Member

anyone cancelled theirs
    now every one has their own personal communicator is there a need for a landline anymore
    we are thinking of cancelling ours are there any downsides to doing this

highclimber
    Free Member

We have no signal in areas of our house so a landline is essential. I live in Caernarfon – not exactly rural back end of north wales!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

If we got rid of the landline I wouldnt know which phone o ignore to keep away from the cold callers.

wombat

Not having a landline can reduce your credit rating if you’re wanting a loan IIRC

paulosoxo
    Free Member

On the subject. How many phone numbers do you have. I’m sat here with my own mobile, my works mobile and a cordless phone. Surely that’s too many phone numbers for one person.

mintimperial

You can only get broadband (DSL) with a BT land-line where I live, otherwise I’d dump ours.

sadexpunk

Yeah we’ve binned ours. Me, wife and kids all got mobiles, cancelled virgin tv, so just watch freeview and pay for internet only now.

Haven’t come across any downsides yet. On giffgaff too so 0800 numbers are free too.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

10 miles outside Oxford & a few hundred metres from a major trunk route and the mobile signal is appalling, irrespective of network.

jon1973
    Free Member

It’s part of our package with Virgin, and they set the plans up so it’s no cheaper not to have one. I rarely use it though.

Stoner
    Free Member

We got rid of our landline phone 6 years ago.
    We retain the line rental for broadband.

landline was hardly used as all our contacts both business & personal would be given our mobile numbers only and non-uk originating spam calls were getting annoying.

Keva
    Free Member

landline here is used for the router, has been for ten years.

Flaperon

The only thing plugged into the landline is the broadband router.

Kuco

The only thing plugged into the landline is the broadband router.

+1

allthegear
    Free Member

The only thing plugged into the landline is the broadband router

+1

EDIT – actually, that’s a lie – the only thing plugged in is an ADSL MODEM – the router is separate…

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The only thing plugged into the landline is the broadband router

+1

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I was gonna get rid of mine (virgin broadband) but they persuaded me to keep it for 50p a month extra.
    And my mother is the only person that rings me on it so I know when to not answer 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘landline telephone’ is closed to new replies.