Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • land transaction return
  • xc-steve
    Free Member

hi all, mrs xc-steve has just text me saying we’ve got a bill for 1% of the price of our house which we’ve just bought.

When we bought the house we paid stamp duty via our solicitors what’s this bill about is it just inland revenue billing us regardless or is this some extra bill I wasn’t aware of.

sorry for the vagueness haven’t actually seen said form just yet!

thecaptain
    Free Member

sounds like the sols have done the dirty on you…

more likely just a cock-up, but get on to the sols to check. (once you’ve seen what the letter actually says).

poly
    Free Member

Could it just be the paperwork confirming what you’ve already paid?

There is a potential scam there too. We get quite a few official looking invoices/bills at the office from registrations places (not HMRC) which at a glance you could easily pay for a few hundred quid each time – they basically are for nothing (e.g. there is a patent one which just harvests patent applications and then invoices you for publishing them on a list – but sounds like you “need” to do this). Similarly with someone inviting us to “register with the data protection act for £100 a year” (notifying the ICO is free – they just charge you an admin fee!). I could imagine someone could do the same using the house transaction… …you only need a few to bite to make a comfortable income! If you actually do something in return like some admin its potentially not illegal either!

footflaps

There is a potential scam there too.

Yep, we get these too, they just mailshot every Ltd company and even if they get 0.01% return, they make money…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘land transaction return’ is closed to new replies.