• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by wool.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Land Rover extended warranty
  • wool

6 year old Freelander 2 we have owned for a year has been a little problematic so were not in a position to get rid after the “So I bought a defender part 3 issue) I am a slightly concerned that something else going is going to go wrong, We have had:- throttle body, steering rack and gearbox replaced this year (under warranty)is the £650 extended warranty that Land Rover are asking for the next year worth it?

dashed
    Free Member

General consensus is that dealership warranties aren’t as good value as the independent ones. Try Freelander forum (freel2.com) for latest recommendations on specific product…

parkesie
    Free Member

Also depends what it covers and to what extent.

hugh_b
    Free Member

In my experience the Land Rover extended warranty is brilliant and worth the money. My old freelander 2 had a door lock, wheel arch trims and wheel bearing done, all no quibble. When you look around I think most say the same.

A friend had one of these independent warranties and they spent more time trying to wriggle out of paying than actually helping. I did have a Toyota extended warranty on a hilux and that was terrible too…6 months without a car!

The land rover warranties are expensive but the cars aren’t cheap to fix…if you have a rear diff/haldex unit or something similar go it will pay for itself a few times over.

crosshair
    Free Member

If it’s like the Land Rover approved warranty then go for it. My 11plate defender came with one and the savings from the MOT guarantee easily cleared £650.

wool

cool I think the haldex is going on it so I sign it up , it going to be a new car by the time its finished with.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Land Rover extended warranty’ is closed to new replies.