Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lancaster locals / Lancaster city centre crits?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

So I’ve entered the Lancaster city centre crits on 6th August.

I’ll be coming along the M6 from the south, but the last time I went to Lancaster just after midday on a Saturday for a crit at Salt Ayre, I spent over an hour crawling from the motorway in a queue through Lancaster (about 4miles maybe?).

What would be the best route from the motorway (and what junction?) at about 5.45 – 6ish on a week night, especially with some of the centre closed for the event? Or should I just park up at the first opportunity and ride through.

crazy-legs

As a former Lancaster resident and someone who’s ridden all the previous crits there…

I come off at 33, head into town but then fork right here (just past Booths) and then park up on the estate here which is more or less where I used to live. It’s only a couple of minutes ride up the hill from the race HQ.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Thanks Crazy, do you reckon I’ve got enough time if I’m not getting off the motorway till 6 and racing at 7?

I’m just envisaging getting stuck at work and so I might not be close to Lancaster till 6ish.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Crazy or anyone else…..the race documentation suggest J34 and using pay and display. I don’t mind either way but just want the quickest place to park up combined with the simplest (i.e. virtually foolproof) route to the race HQ when I’m undoubtedly flapping and in a rush 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lancaster locals / Lancaster city centre crits?’ is closed to new replies.