Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lancashire high tech industry
  • crayons
    Free Member

I am looking for companies in Lancashire that make high tech modern stuff that would be willing to donate an item for display.

The Museum of Lancashire in Preston is undergoing a major overhaul and will re-launch next year.

One of the areas I am working on is Lancashire at Work, telling the story of the development of industry in Lancashire and how it has influenced the world, from invention and development of products and also working conditions and ethics.

To bring it up to date we are showing how Lancashire continues to lead the world and is a powerhouse of industry, now mainly small companies producing world leading products.

I am struggling cold calling companies asking for a story and an item to put in the display. Do you work for a company that fits the bill, and could you supply an item and a bit about what you do?

Dave
    Free Member

We've got a reheat system from a Phantom if you want to give it a home :o)

grumm
    Free Member

You could try Hope in Barnoldswick – don't know if you'd call their stuff high tech though 🙂

elaineanne
    Free Member

thats abit harsh grum ! 😥

smoothchicken

BAE Systems have a major presence in the NW and Rolls Royce have a site in Barnoldswick and do some pretty hi-tech stuff and have lots of history, both worth a try.

crayons
    Free Member

Phantom sounds good Dave, – I'll be in touch. do you have a picture?

Hope: – being helpful already !

BAe: tried many times over the last few months, not getting very far at the moment.

hp_source

I would have said TVR but we all know what happened there 🙄

how about Melling Wildcat 8)

Or at least the AJP8 engine it used that went into it

skidartist
    Free Member

BAe: tried many times over the last few months, not getting very far at the moment.

have you tried bribing them? (or inviting them to bribe you) 🙂

Does St Helens count as Lancashire now (it was, it wasn't, it is again now?) How about pilkingtons and their fancy glass technologies?

crayons
    Free Member

We've done Pilkingtons.

Wildcat is a bit lowbrow,

thinking more high end technology stuff.

Vortexracing

BAe: tried many times over the last few months, not getting very far at the moment

who have you tried there?

mail me (e mails in profile) if you get nowhere and i'll see if I can drum some support from within the management structure. (i'll be changing water to wine next 😆 )

will one of these do? 😆

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lancashire high tech industry’ is closed to new replies.