Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Lakes weekend: recomend me some routes & campsites
  • Legoman
    Free Member

I know a lot of guys on here ride the lakes and I’m planning a long weekend up there with a couple of mates in June so looking for recommendations for a couple of days riding plus accommodation, probably a campsite with a decent pub nearby or a cheapish bike-friendly B&B.

Hit me…

tomaso
    Free Member

Helvellyn YHA is a good base, as is Buttermere and Borrowdale. Lots of good riding from the dooe.

Legoman
    Free Member

Cheers tomaso, hadn’t thought about YHA. What’s it like for secure bike storage?

Anyone else?

gallowayboy

Grasmere YH is good – central location, good bike lock up, well run………
    Dalesgarth B & B by Buttermere also (eighteen months ago) good.

For camping, several sites in borrowdale are worthwhile.

vermillion
    Free Member

Coniston Hall campsite is decent and fairly cheap, riding nearby includes Walna scar road , Dunnerdale and Grizedale.

Side farm campsite in Patterdale will give you a good base for Helvellyn and the High street loop.

Hollows Farm in Borrowdale is a perfect base for the Borrowdale bash and Whinnlatter forest.

Bays brown campsite in Chapel stile is a good base for loads of riding around Elterwater and the Langdales.

All these sites are good and the riding is great.

Legoman
    Free Member

thanks guys, some good suggestions there.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Stayed at the Grizedale Farm campsite a couple of times. Eagle Inn is a short walk away and does good food and ale
    Campsite is basic but cheap and you can have a campfire. Lots of great riding straight from the site and the shop at Grizedale is just a few minutes away.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lakes weekend: recomend me some routes & campsites’ is closed to new replies.