Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lakes route advice please
  • simon1975

Thinking of doing this from Coniston if we get some good weather in late September:
    http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=17824

But which way round? Initially I was thinking clockwise because of the relatively easy return loop after getting down from Rossett Pike… But anti-clockwise would make a great finale out of the Walna Scar Road. But I don't know Rossett Pike – what's the better direction to maximise our saddle time? We'd like to avoid carrying the bikes downhill 😉

simon1975

[link fixed]

grumm
    Free Member

I wouldn't go up Walna Scar road that way, the descent down to Seathwaite on it wouldn't be very interesting. Better to go up via Torver to Stephenson Ground then take the BW that heads NW from there towards Seathwaite – great rocky descent.

Unless you are very good Rossett Gill looks very tough indeed – body armour and big bike definitely advisable.

edit: so in answer to your question I suppose anti-clockwise, but I haven't done the stuff over to Wasdale etc. and even carrying up Rossett Gill might be a challenge.

simon1975

Yes I know Walna Scar well and would probably do the loop you suggested on another day with some Grizedale thrown in too.

I don't do big bikes nor body armour! I've seen pics of Sty Head / Angle Tarn / Rossett Pike so I know that we can expect it to be tough 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lakes route advice please’ is closed to new replies.