Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Lakes Route
  • johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

There’s a few of us doing a Lakes ride from Troutbeck next Sunday and I have a couple of options.
    The first is up the valley from Troutbeck, onto High Street then keeping on High Street then dropping onto the bridleways into Pooley Bridge then return the same way. The second is up onto High Street then dropping off at Hartsop then over towards Patterdale, up Grizedale Beck towards the Tarn from there over towards Grasmere, Rydel & Ambleside (via a mixture of lanes and bridleways) before looping back towards the start via Jenkins crag on the bridleway.
    I have done most of the second route in one direction or another and have also looked at making a loop out of the first route by routing past Ullswater but that adds too much onto the route. I’m looking at less than 30 miles.
    Can anyone give any feedback on either of the routes I have suggested, I am curious to know what an out and back on High Street is actually like.
    Thanks!!

grum
    Free Member

Unless it’s frozen High Street isn’t worth bothering with IMO – much better riding elsewhere in the Lakes, especially if they’ve had the torrential rain we’ve had in the last couple of days.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

High Street is also good in a prolonged dry spell.

But it has not been that of late. Absolutely hosed it down last night!

Over Garburn perhaps????

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Up from troutbeck onto start of high street, then some cheekiness over ill bell, mardale ill bell, and down nan bield?.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Lakes Route’ is closed to new replies.