Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lake shoes + Boa laces
  • dickydownes
    Free Member

Anyone got a pair of these? Found a bargain but never tried the boa system. Thoughts please.

yatesy

good. does the job its meant to do well. tip is just keep them clean a bit of lube on the boa cables every now and then

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mine has jammed once and i could not get it off which was very annoying – as a friend said I was hoping mad.

Perfect system as you can do it up with gloves on

mine is about 4 years old and for a winter boot so it has seen some seriously bad weather.
    Tighter fit than velcro straps and so much easier than laces.

iirc they send out a free set if they break

I would highly recommend it tbh

krixmeister

Out of curiosity – can you share the bargain site? Or is it a one-off?

dickydownes
    Free Member

I was looking at these….

http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=116&products_id=13780&osCsid=360c1566dbd67054c0e6320dc1cf177b

although I measured my foot on their measurement calculator and it looks like they come up narrow.

nomakoman
    Free Member

great system, just keep it lubed as others have said! I run the 236’s and they certainly don’t come up narrow….

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mine are not narrow but I have the MX 302 ones

Expensive but amongst my bike best buys tbh

tlr

I much prefer boa to Velcro or ratchets.

All boa parts available for free from the Boa website; I just replaced some on an old road shoe.

zilog6128

hmmm, they have these at Wiggle also for £10 more (£5 with the magic voucher!) but they also have the MX236C which are a) a bit cheaper and b) don’t look minging

any idea how the 2 pairs stack up against each other? My current Lake shoes are about 8 years old now and seriously tatty so need replacing!

EDIT: just noticed that the MX330C are an old model and they’ve gone back to a side-mounted Boa system for the current model. Can anyone comment on the heel-mounted system?

dickydownes
    Free Member

Anyone have a pair of the mx170’s?

tony24
    Free Member

I got the mx170 the older 1’s. They have been great tbh. The boa lace system did bugger up filled in boa site form for new set. Fitted them and there like new again.

dickydownes
    Free Member

Old ones? Not the ones in the link? There seems to be two versions (one black and silver/ and one white and black).

How do you find the fit – up a size? Narrow?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lake shoes + Boa laces’ is closed to new replies.