Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • lake garda mtbing
  • nobbyq
    Free Member

hi am hopefully going to garda end of sept and looking at staying in torbole , will take my bike too , looking for any tips , would like to ride flowy single track not too techy, i heard one side techy and steep the other loamy single track . taking my dog too so any hiking trails must dos, and hotels any advice welcome thanks

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Torbole is good, there is plenty of riding and an uplift shuttle service. i would recommend going with one of them (luca bike shuttle)
    All the riding above Lago di Ledro is probably “more” loamy and flowy but there is lots and lots if riding.
    The trails are waymarked and you can buy guide books out there that show trails give route advice etc.
    If you can get guiding from Micheal Cycle that might make things easier (i think he may do up lifts now too)
    He also works for Liteville in torbolle ask around the back in the workshop.

ciquta
    Free Member

I live one hour from there

Have a look at the Ponale trail, not singletrack but does worth the while.
    Lake Tenno is also nice but not sure about singletracks there.

This if you’re in the other side of the lake:
    http://itinerari.mtb-mag.com/tours/view/2331
    you can ask in that website forum, it’s a goldmine

Plenty of accomodations, you can easily find some since it’s low season.

Do not miss Festa dell’Uva in Bardolino, it’s happening right that week

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We went in late Sept or early October a few years ago and it was still fairly busy. I’d probably go with the advice of seeking some guiding help as we picked routes off GardaMTB wedsite (or MTBGarda) and altho some routes were good, the routes we picked started to get a bit samey and some of the ‘official’ descents weren’t that great after a massive climb effort, route finding was also sometimes problematic using a map (we didn’t have gps at that time). I thought afterwards that there would probs be loads of better descents that only local knowledge would lead you to.
    There was some good shorter DH runs on a hill above Torbole which one of our group was willing to shuttle us up for a few runs.

alpin
    Free Member

flowy single track not too techy

Good luck with that…

Castle Trail from Tenno into Riva might fall into that category.

Monte Brione (little hill between Riva and Torbole).

Nago down to Torbole is also good for a laugh.

Trail down above Pregasina down to Ponale.

Tbh, very few flowy trails around the northern end. Most of the trails there were cut into the cliffs during WW1. There is an Austrian fortress on Monte Brione.

alpin
    Free Member

Lots of into online for Gardo, albeit in German.

Try googling “Gardasee flow trail” and use translate.

Spin
    Free Member

Tbh, very few flowy trails around the northern end

That was my experience. Good riding but not flowy.

lowey

Micheal is your man.

http://rebbens.com/

edd

get guiding from Micheal Cycle

+1 He made our holiday in July this year.

would like to ride flowy single track not too techy

“Flowy” certainly isn’t the adjective that I would use to describe the trails marked on the bike maps. Michael showed us some great riding off the maps and catered to what we requested. The riding he guided us on including flowy trails that we would never have found without him.

RoterStern
    Free Member

IMe the trails are all loose and rocky in the north part of the lake. Once at the top of the mountains it does change to a bit more loamy but that’ is at around 1500m. Where ever you ride expect some steep climbs/descents. Possibly taking a guide is the best option but I have never bothered and have used old German trail guide books and more recently my Garmin and have found some great riding. If you want to take your dog with you there is a nice relaxed bike path starting by a bike shop on the road going to Riva that follows the river Sarca that takes you first to Arco and the onto gentle trails following the river up the valley. Arco has a lot of nice trails starting there, too and is a lovely place to have a meal once you have finished. The other thing that many mtbers do is take an uplift to Tremalzo and there’s way marked trail back to Riva. . Another easy route to follow is to Lago di Ledro where there are marked routes into the surrounding mountains. The start is in Riva next to the first tunnel heading along the west side of the lake. Oh and Monte Brione is closed to mtbs well it was the last time I went there. Shame as the downhill trail was good fun but I think the sheer numbers riding it was causing too much erosion.

mccraque

As above – give Michael a shout… I did some great stuff with him. Ponale, Tremalzo and a ride that started over by lago di ledro. Beautiful scenery, great riding and a very good guide.

Rides usually end with a beer in Riva

postierich
    Free Member

I,ve used Michael and he is good but guiding plus uplift works out quite expensive I got some maps from the tourist info and followed my nose and found loads of stuff . My fave was this and I rode up it 🙂
    https://www.strava.com/activities/716879532#17594833803

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘lake garda mtbing’ is closed to new replies.