Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Lake District snow conditions – Kentmere area?
  • wl
    Free Member

As title, really. Was planning a trip up to the Lakes tomorrow and we just want to know whether we’ll end up pushing bikes up and down hills. Thinking of Garburn and nan Bield. Anyone know the situation with snow and ice? Cheers.

djglover
    Free Member
    borwens
    Free Member

Looking that way from kendal, go somewhere else, you’ll be fully in snow half way up garburn and all the way up bield….

ewen
    Free Member

Lower level trails are snowy but still ok. I was riding round ambleside/loughrigg yesterday and the trails there are all covered but ridable. The higher stuff especially nan bield will be much more snowy and soft! I’m heading out to grizedale this afternoon so will see what it is like there.

wl
    Free Member

Cheers folk, I keep forgetting about that website. Good to get some first-hand info tho. Looks like we’re settling for the Dales. Ta.

willv

Ewan, how was griped ale heading down that way tmrw?

ewen
    Free Member

Grizedale is good. Fire tracks are pretty snowy and quite icey in places, but most of the trails are fairly snow free. pretty good really. a couple of photos here https://www.facebook.com/Trailhum

cheers

Ewen

tomaso
    Free Member

Grizedale was good today but above 250m there is snow and ice.
    Garburn should be ok but NanBield was hard work in the snow at Christmas.
    Weather looks nice tomorrow.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Lake District snow conditions – Kentmere area?’ is closed to new replies.