Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Lake District – few Days away ideas
  • simmy
    Free Member

I know its been done to death on here, but can’t find anything on search.

Just after some ideas for the lakes, routes which are not too challenging ( more XC than dropping off big slabs ) places to stay where the bike will be safe ?

Going on my own so ideas for single rooms etc will be helpful 🙁

grum
    Free Member

Easy but very pleasant and scenic routes: Kentmere-Longsleddale or Iron Keld & Loughrigg Terrace. The VG book is great.

colournoise

Rode Ennerdale today. Dead easy route (forest roads) and short (only 20km), but utterly amazing location.

simmy
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Prob daft question but what’s VG book and is there any of these routes online ?

pdw
    Free Member
    Rockape
    Free Member

+1 for that book mentioned above also try:- http://www.mountain-bike-cumbria.co.uk/trails.php Kentmere from Staveley is good for a few routes all natural trails.

tomaso
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Beware that some of the bogtrotters routes appear to be misprinted and include footpaths (must be an oversight).

The guide book above is a good resource too.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

Beware that some of the bogtrotters routes appear to be misprinted and include footpaths (must be an oversight).

😆 or it could be because …. 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

skeetsgb – Member
    or it could be because ….

Yep but some of them are a little contentious and suggesting people go down them on a weekend is a bit irresponsible, just suggesting to check the OS Map carefully to avoid being somewhere you don’t want to be on a Sunday afternoon.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

dont get me wrong mike, im totally with you on this, i was just amused with you saying its a misprint or oversight thats all.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol skeetsgb, was expecting the Right where I want responses 🙂 Plenty of good riding on the BW’s though save the cheeky till it’s dark – more fun that way.

tomstickland
    Free Member

The trail centres at Grizedale, Whinlatter and Gisburn are all worth a visit. There’s also a popular route from Langdale, down to Ambleside, past Grizedale, along the old road and back round to Chapel Stile. I’ll draw it on google maps. Soon.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Lake District – few Days away ideas’ is closed to new replies.