Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lake Annecy
  • Haze

Possible holiday destination for next year, any recommendations – places to stay, things to do etc.?

jonahtonto
    Free Member

go paragliding

Northwind

Lots of good riding around there 😉 We’ve only driven through Annecy on transfers, it is a beautiful place though, always seems to be lots of varied watersports etc on.

<googles> ZOMFG GIROCOPTER RIDES

Haze

Paragliding looking a fine suggestion.

Northwind, I have permission to take the road bike hence my enthusiasm in researching the place so far in advance 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

TAke your wallet youll need it. Expensive place.

Even the “quiet ” roads that are in the guides are busy with rude people compared to riding round bourg.

Haze

It’s probably a one off so happy to push the boat out a bit, so long as it’s not outrageously expensive.

Anywhere similar to consider?

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s a great playground, plenty of activities on the lake, wakeboarding, wake surf, waterski plus sailing and general boating. Road riding including TdF ride up to Grand Bornand a little above La Clusaz and Semnoz. MTB trails too. The mountain restaurants are good around La Clusaz, some nice hiking of course.

The town itself is very nice with its mini canal network, perhaps that’s where the “expensive” remarks come from as the touristy places there charge tourist prices.

It’s an hour to Chamonix too.

Northwind

Haze – Member

Northwind, I have permission to take the road bike

Hah, well, you might want to be a little bit careful about that, can be a slightly dangerous place to be a roadie

IA

There are some phenomenal trails down Semnoz, you can take your bike on the bus for uplift 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

If I won the lottery, it’s a place I’d have a house at. It’s got everything.

Mavic’s HQ too.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Some great walking and climbing nearby. Walk up Parmelan and have a Tarte Myrtille at the top. If you’re a climber there’s amazing stuff at every grade but for an easy, fun day out with a proper summit, the Pointe De La Blonniere’s pretty great.

There are some amazing restaurants nearby.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Don’t stay on the dark side of the lake – the sun goes down really early!

Menthon saint bernard and talloires and good spots!

Superb place to base from – Mont Blanc is a good (but expensive) day out 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lake Annecy’ is closed to new replies.