Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Laggan Wolftrax – worth a visit?
  • Vortexracing

Up at fort william this weekend and we are considering doing the DH on saturday and the witches trail Sunday.

Laggan is only a bit up the road and looks great on the piccies I've seen

is it worth going a bit further North to ride it?

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

yip, its pretty good – the black is proper technical. its not overly long but if you do the black and the red then it's fine

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

yip, its pretty good – the black is proper technical. its not overly long but if you do the black and the red then it's fine

ton

if only for the cake and the babe that serves it……….. 😉

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

Vortexracing

food, totty and riding how could i not do it now, cheers Tony. Are you doing Deejays north yorkshire STW next week but one?

ton

i am mate
    looking forward to it.

you?

rents
    Free Member

One of my fav trail centres up north

Vortexracing

Yip, assuming I can get enough brownie points after Fort william.

domino

Yes, its ace. Old pics, but I understand it has got even better since I went but there is a bit of this

And some of this

Vortexracing

trail map looks a little confusing,

can you loop the red and black near the bottom/south of the route?

rolfharris
    Free Member

Laggan black is a lovely fast tech fest- the joint best man made trail in Britain.

These will either put you off or make you really want to go-

rolfharris
    Free Member

Oh, and I'll be there on Sunday. If you see someone mincing about on a bright green Evil say hello!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's well worth a drive to do it – I rented a Kona HT from the shop on an icy day around new year. The courses are short, grippy and packed with interest. I didn't dare the black, but the two reds, the fun-park and the blue were really enjoyable, esp. sessioning the fun park. That pic of Ayers Rock does not do it justice. I thought it was bum-clench just looking down it.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

that last pic of ayers rock is skewhiff but it's suitable scary-looking.

LMT
    Free Member

Laggan, i get to go once a year and its only 2 weeks away!!

But yep it is great, they do an uplift for the was blue now orange?? graded funpark, tabletops and big beams, jumps etc.. i spend a day going up and down and up and down! loads of fun, but saying that i am an xc biker! its my sort of safer DH biking!

Im also hoping to do the Red DH at Fort William looks fun too!

steveh

It's definitely worth a visit. in fact I do it instead of the FB stuff which is a big let down. I did it all a few weeks ago when i went up for the nps dh race.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Only trail centre I've done. Doing both the upper and lower reds plus the black will keep you occupied for about 3 hours, not counting blether time. The black is well technical – you might even want to do it a couple of times. Oh and Airs Rock is steep but nothing like the picture and the rock is very grippy

AlasdairMc

Laggan is ace, I highly recommend it. Black is stupidly technical, full of features you really need to commit to.

Have fun, I'm jealous!!

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

yup well worth it.
    the black is a banging. i'll be there with rolfharris on sunday. fannying round on a big blue ht! its gonna be sweet.

pishing rain or glorius sun, its soooper grippy 😀

allyharp

Definitely worth it since you're up there.

It's the only trail centre I'm really keen to visit for a second time (have only been to Carron Valley, Learnie and Glentress)

Gee76
    Free Member

Cool I can't wait now, pics look great… roll on the weekend eh Chuck!!!. Maybe do Witches Fri night, Fort Bill DH and 4x and Red on Sat'd then go muck about Lagan on Sunday before drive back.

Maybe I just leave bike in DH mode all weekend for a laugh… oh Tom is also considering the Stiffee for the whole weekend… camping will be fun!!!

Alcopop
    Free Member

Yep a fantastic trail centre,great cafe and bike shop
    some alright pubs in Newtonmore
    im back up again soon

devs
    Free Member

Old red – Orange. Coffee. Black – Orange. Coffee/bacon roll. New red – Old red – Orange. Proper good day out unless you are uber fussy.

Bigles70
    Free Member

One of the best trail centres in Scotland. The cake, coffee, and banter from the staff are great. Free bike wash, excellent shop with lots of great kit and guys who know what they are doing and are really helpful. And one of the most technical blacks (the other being Balblair, which doesn't have double blacks). The last jump park section is really well done and you can muck around on it all day as they have an uplift. Not much of a climb anyway to the top if you have the legs for it all day.

Excellent day out

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Laggan Wolftrax – worth a visit?’ is closed to new replies.