Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Laggan Wolftrax – good, isn't it !
  • iainc

There yesterday for a brief visit, having only been once before, about 10 years ago.

We had a pile of kids, my group doing upper red and orange – what a blast !

Will definitely be heading back, with the FS next time. Place was busy as there was a demo day on, but a nice chilled atmosphere, quite unlike GT on a busy Sunday.

Saw some comedy falls too 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Saw some comedy falls too

Was someone filming you?

*In before Perchy* 😆

iainc

nobeer, aye very good 🙂

nah, had coaching hat on so being captain sensible for once. we were stopped at side of a quite awkward rocky chute fixing a puncture and saw 2 passing riders exiting the trail in same spot, minutes apart. Of course, the weans all then had to have a go on the same line….and they all cleared it perfectly 🙂

BoardinBob

Pop across the road next time to the “brown” stuff. Absolutely fantastic (as long as it’s dry!)

Really easy to find. Honey Monster and Laggan Brown are both crackers without being too mental.

richmtb

Aye Laggan is brilliant, even better since they removed the death trap boardwalk from the red!

quite unlike GT on a busy Sunday.

Every time I go to GT I wonder where everyone is. I’m convinced half the people who visit just sit in the cafe and just look at bikes, the trails always seem empty compared to the car park.

soulrider
    Free Member

The death trap board walk is gone 😥

soulrider
    Free Member

Every time I go to GT I wonder where everyone is. I’m convinced half the people who visit just sit in the cafe and just look at bikes, the trails always seem empty compared to the car park.

I see this as a positive

geoffj

The car park was busy yesterday, but the trails were fine. Lots of kids out though which was good to see.

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Bet the weather there is pants today.
    My daughter at loch morlich.
    whiteout.

richmtb

I see this as a positive

Me too. It just strikes me as weird, not something I ever observe anywhere else. Could be the amount of trail choices?

akira

Last time at GT had to park in buzzards nest as it was so busy. Saw about twenty people out in the trails….
    Laggan is fun except last time I went I broke my wrist on a rock, not one of the big ones on the black but a tiny pebble that just spranged my front wheel sideways.

Northwind

BoardinBob – Member

Pop across the road next time to the “brown” stuff. Absolutely fantastic (as long as it’s dry!)[/quote]

Aye, adds a huge amount to the trails… I had a really disappointing ride at laggan a couple of years back- previous times I’d been it all seemed as hard as balls, and the black took us ages as we did battle with it, stopping and re-trying and falling off and generally having a great day. This time, I just rode down the black and got to the bottom and went, is that it? And it kind of broke it for me, being able to actually ride it, suddenly it was all so diminished compared to how I remembered it. It was still good but that was all.

And then I discovered the brown trails and suddenly it’s a big, grand day out again. (and if it’s wet, riding the brown reminds me of what riding used to be like, when I sucked)

Kinlochleven-Nevis-Laggan seems like a good long weekend to me.

perchypanther
    Free Member

*In before Perchy

How did I miss a sitter like that. I’m losing my mojo.

iainc

^^^^^ 🙂 hahahaha !

aide

Need to get myself up there again, especially now i hear about these ‘brown’ routes up there as well. Will be doing a strava detective before i head up to find them

dahedd
    Free Member

Rode it a few weeks ago for the first time in two years & had much fun until both myself & the other lad I was with punctured on the same section of the upper red (both running tubeless as well)

The only issues I had were that the weather was crap & the clear felling in places meant a very blustery ride especially on the Orange (very minor gripe I know) but I also found the red climb to be in need of a lil TLC, lots of erosion compared to my last visit.

matt_outandabout

One of our favourite trail centres as a family, alongside Comrie red’s which also feature much rock. 8)

frogstomp

First visit back in February and thought it was great.. super fun bits on the swoop red and the black was certainly a challenge!

Hope to get back there, but it’s not exactly on my doorstep! 🙁

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Laggan and comrie are the 2 best trail centres i have ever been to. I still cant do all the black at laggan as its proper hard, especially if its moist. Love the off piste and the climb to the fort across the road.

scotroutes

We were talking about this recently and I made the point that the rocks have stayed where they’ve always been but the softer ground has got a lot lower 🙂 Step-ups are bigger and step-downs are higher.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Laggan Wolftrax – good, isn't it !’ is closed to new replies.