Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Laggan at the weekend- stunning.
  • rolfharris
    Free Member

Here's a few photies. It were cold but it were good- we went up the opposite side of the valley for a change.

Rest of the photos are here-

Picture 001

montylikesbeer

erm ………………wow

sweepy
    Free Member

nice pics

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlteredCarbon
    Free Member

Great pics there

seven
    Free Member

Stunning.

but edit the poor ones out, makes for a better viewing

mafiafish
    Free Member

It's the logrus!

allyharp

I was in Aviemore that weekend, the weather was just perfect!

allyharp

Man I'd forgotten how great Laggan is! I might have to try and fit in a trip sometime around new year…

LMT
    Free Member

I want to get there in the winter! just too far to get to! still my favourite biking destiniation.

Drac

Looks great. Think I need to get a few people up to my mates house in Aviemore.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Cool photos, really like the sillouette one. I was up Fyrish at the weekend and it looked just like that. Absolutely spectacular. I spent so much time watching the sun setting that I had to limp home in the dark. MAN it was cold though!

robgarrioch

Great pics s.o. – how do you mean –

went up the opposite side of the valley for a change

Is that the 'unofficial' track on the north side of the road I've heard about?

doug_basqueMTB.com

Interested in 'the other side of the valley' too, I jumped straight to the photos and missed that. Last I'd heard they were going to put a track in there that was going to be harder and longer but it was too much cash. I knew that there was a walking trail there but didn't think it was bikeable.

VanHalen

laggan is great.

shame i live in brighton i`d love to go back.

organic355
    Free Member

Looks great, was the northshore rideable or too slippy?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

was there with s_o – northshore got slippy towards the end, was a bit sketchy…

the other stuff on the other side is real nice, quite techy and steep. it goes up to the old fort on the top of the hill, but i reckon s_o will probably give a better description of how to get there. i didn't go up with them on sunday, had a missus to look after, but have done it a couple of times before.

rolfharris
    Free Member

THe trail on the opposite side goes up a very steep singletrack climb- just steep enough that it's rideable if you're feeling fit.

It doesn't go up to the fort itself, more the top of the hill then winds it's way down, starting away from wolftrax then entering the trees on a walker's path. THis has some wooden slats to hold the ground together which were interesting in the frost!

It's a really steep descent, but a lot of fun. It's a challenge, but all just rideable. You can detour up to the fort 3/4 of the way down, which we did, then back to the valley floor.

If anyone wants a more accurate description, e-mail me.

I'd heard about plans for a "long black" on the other side too from the builder, but guess money's an issue- he said so few people go to do the black as a percentage of all riders that it doesn't make sense.

_leon_
    Free Member

superb pictures… i miss it there a lot – laggan used to be 1.5 hours from my house! now its 10-12 hours! 🙁

jimmy

love the 'windscreen' photo… glad its not just me still doing that 🙂

will
    Free Member

wow these are amazing. I love laggan

LMT
    Free Member

The top picture looks like the lower red, didn't know there was much else other than the trails up there, might have to have a nosey next time i go up, won't be till the summer!

steviegil
    Free Member

Brilliant photo's 8)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Laggan at the weekend- stunning.’ is closed to new replies.